    before the exam?

    Thanks,

    Mark

    Mark, Jan 17, 2004

  2. Mark

    Tiki Guest

    > I passed 70-218 recently and the exam indicated at the
    > start that the pass mark was '700' (you were also informed
    > of your passing score at the end).
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone has taken the 70-216 exam
    > recently and was similarly advised of the passing score
    > before the exam?

    I passed 216 two weeks ago, no passing score...

    Tiki

    Tiki, Jan 18, 2004

  3. Mark

    Jim Guest

    Same for me - passed on Jan 11th - no indication of what
    score was required, or how I did, other than
    the "Congratulations, you passed". That was good enough 4
    me...

    Jim, Jan 18, 2004
  4. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Thanks for your replies ... I just need 70-216 for my MCSA
    and must admit I've been disconcerted by all the talk of
    it being such a 'beast'!

    Mark, Jan 19, 2004
  5. This faq provides information on the score report, including the "700" score you mention: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/faq/procedures.as

    The specific Q/A reads:
    Q. What does my score mean?

    A. Beginning with the release of the Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003–related exams, Microsoft will provide numerical scores on exams. By the end of September 2003, most exams will have the new score report format, which includes this numerical score. Microsoft has worked with customers and testing industry experts to create an exam scale that would be consistent across all exams. The new scale requires a minimum passing score of 700 on all exams. The maximum score on the exams will vary depending on the complexity of the skills being measured.

    Best regards

    Ben Guterson [MSFT

    Ben Guterson [MSFT], Jan 20, 2004