70-216 - To sit, or not to sit....

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Sean, May 31, 2005.

  1. Sean

    Sean Guest

    .... That is the question.

    Hi everyone

    Sat and passed the 70-218 exam yesterday, scored over 900 and found it
    fairly easy (not trying to be arrogant, just giving details ;) ) .

    To complete the MCSA on 2000 I now just need the elective which I plan
    as being the 70-216.

    I was planning on leaving the last exam until the end of the summer due
    to various other commitments I have over the summer but given I passed
    the 218 fairly easily and given the overlap between the two exams I
    thought I might try and get throught the 216 quickly.

    Can anyone give an indication of how big an overlap there is between
    the two and just how hard the 216 really is? Heard evil rumours about
    the 216 and although I want to pass it quickly, I do not want to fail
    it by taking anything for granted.

    Thanks for your response/advice

    Sean

    Sean, May 31, 2005

  2. If you heard some evil stories about it...is better for you to believe
    them!, this is the hardest exam

    Victor Guillen, Jun 2, 2005

  3. Sean

    Anfeargneas Guest

    I took 216 in early May, and spent 3 months studying for it. I found it the
    hardest of the 4 exams by far. DNS, DHCP and RRAS is a huge chunk of the
    exam, and even though I work with these every day I still found the exam
    hard. 218 is a snoozer compared to it!

    Anfeargneas, Jun 3, 2005
  4. Sean

    Mr.CSA Guest

    218 is a breeze compared to 216. I passed on my third try. It really is a
    monster. Do not expect to breeze thru 216. Also, do not underestimate this
    exam. good luck

    Mr.CSA, Jun 3, 2005
  5. Hi Sean,

    I beg of you not to take your success on 70-218 as an indicator of 70-216.
    I scored in the high 800s on the first, and squeaked by with a 714 on the
    70-216. It is far and away the hardest of the core exams for MCSA. Though I
    passed it on my first try (barely!) I know of people who took four and five
    tries to do it. Take your time, study hard, and take it seriously.

    Good luck!

    Mitch

    Mitch Garvis, MCSA, Jul 6, 2005