    Thanks!

    Clint Kennedy
    BSCS, MCP
    Clint Kennedy, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Clint Kennedy

    licknlabia Guest

    This test is not hard, I read the same thing. The only major difference is
    that the questions are longer so you have to weed out
    more of the bullshit. As long as you have read the book and understand,
    Microsoft's way of doing things, you'll be ok.

    Don't be afraid of it.

    "Clint Kennedy" <> wrote in message
    I've read over and over how hard the 70-216 exam is. I'm curious if this is
    simply being repeated from those who have read it other places, or if each
    post represents a true opinion from someone who has taken the exam. I have
    reviewed the topics for the exam, and quite frankly, it just doesn't look
    all that difficult. I would like to get some opinions from those that have
    taken the exam, and if you consider it to be very difficult, please give a
    few reasons why.

    Thanks!

    Clint Kennedy
    BSCS, MCP
    licknlabia, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Clint Kennedy

    fatchronos Guest

    Yeah I found it quite average compared to the other MS tests - I mean,
    it WAS harder than the 217 but thats not really saying much!

    I wouldn't say its much, if any, harder than the other tests. Its like
    everyone says, know the material and you will have no problems

    ---
    Sign up to get free daily practice questions at: http://www.QoD.US/i-54.htm
    View this thread: http://www.examnotes.net/article1017852.html
    fatchronos - Über Member------------------------------------------------------------------------
    fatchronos's Profile: http://www.examnotes.net/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=173436
    fatchronos, Jul 30, 2003
  4. It's not hard if you know the topic. For that matter all Microsoft tests are
    easy if you know your stuff. But comparatively speaking 216 is more
    challenging than 210, 215, and 217. That says more about the ease of 210,
    215, and 217 than it does about the difficulty of 216.

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    Politician Spock, Jul 30, 2003
  5. Clint Kennedy

    Maestro Guest

    The key point is that every poster can only give their
    opinion. In reality just like with all other test it
    depends on your experience level. There have been posters
    who've thought the test was quite easy. Whether the test
    is hard or easy is relative to each individual, but none
    the less quite a few posters here get all worked up in
    preparing for the exam because someone else thought it was
    hard.

    Maestro, Jul 30, 2003
  6. Clint Kennedy

    billyw Guest

    216 isn't the beast they make it out to be.
    i found it much the same as some of the other exams.
    i think the problem may be in the fact that it is more industry standard
    than MS focused.

    billyw, Jul 30, 2003
  7. Clint Kennedy

    znakomi Guest

    I read also the same thing from several different people
    who had passed all kinds of exams before, and hit the wall
    on 216.

    Here's my thoughts on 216.

    I think difficulties on this exam stem from the fact that
    it's sort of esoteric, and requires deductive reasoning
    possibly moreso than other exams. I flunked this exam
    twice in 2001 and 2002, and passed it on my third attempt.
    I had passed a total of 9 microsoft exams before I took
    216, and had failed only twice on different exams before.
    I used the same preparation habits for 216, and found that
    they weren't quite good enough, first attempt on 216 I
    missed by 140, second missed by 100... I don't know how
    much I cleared it by on my third attempt (pass), but it
    felt like i had a decent margine).

    The first time I sat down to 216 in Nov 2001, I thought
    they had loaded the wrong exam...it was that bad. i had
    used the sybex book. The second time, a few weeks later
    I'd used the sybex etrainer(virtually same info as the
    sybex book), and the exam felt just as bad.

    At that point. I got away from it for a bit as work was
    demanding, and they wanted me to get my CDIA and some
    other minor certs. After that and Network plus(at my
    company's request), I took the relatively easy 218 and got
    my MCSA by using my A+ and Network + in place of 216. I
    knew i would return to 216 soon....which I did.

    I THINK the key to 216 is to use multiple sources for
    study material. Although in previous exams, one source
    study can cover 7/8's of the questions, for 216 i think
    any one source can cover only 2/3rds. Another words, even
    two sources may not get you there. I am absolutly not
    faulting good ole Sybex in the above, due to the wide
    range in 216, Sybex did a good job covering 2/3's of 216,
    just like New Riders did, Microsoft Press did and Passport
    did.

    I had used Sybex the year before and this year added
    Microsoft Press, New Riders and Passport...4 sources in
    all.
    When I sat down to 216 this time, it didn't seem like the
    wrong exam, actually all of the questions save one, had
    been covered in my 4 sources. As i was taking the exam the
    thought crossed my mind "This is a fair exam, If I fail it
    this time, I deserve it". I cant remember back to 2001 to
    know if the questions had changed, but reading through the
    new sources i was learning many new things.

    Therefore, I personally believe the the easiest way to
    traverse 216 is use multiple sources, and unless your day
    job is a rocket scientist, or a millionaire, don't attempt
    216 without multiple sources. if you use multiple sources,
    calm yourself before you sit down, it will feel just as
    any other MS exam:)

    BTW. I found I liked different sources for different
    reasons. MS Press was it's usual dry self, but I used if
    as the difinative answer in resolving "conflicts" from
    other sources. Passport was it's usual wonderful self in
    hands on real world stuff, and was the core of my study,
    (i learned Passport real well, and filled in with MS Press
    and New Riders. New Riders was between MS Press and
    Passport, and had answers which were not in the others.

    I may have over prepared a bit, but when I had 40 minuets
    left at the end of the exam to go over my answers, I
    pretty much new I was going to make it. I think that
    multisourcing made all of the difference.

    Passoprt was the core of my study, i examined it very
    carefully...then folleows up with a light reading of New
    Riders and MS Press, making ones of all new info that
    wasn't covered in Passport.

    Judging from my experience of two fails then a pass, i's
    day anyone who multisources will make it aok:)

    Good Luck!

    So in a nutshell, multisource

    znakomi, Jul 31, 2003
  8. Great insight and advice! I agree with your approach 100% That is how I am
    proceeding in self-study.
    Thanx for the down to earth comments.

    Diana K Brown, Jul 31, 2003
  9. Clint Kennedy

    talid Guest

    216 is very tricky... when I first saw the microsoft
    training kit, I thought it's even easier than 210, it
    turned out that it's not true.. for sure u don't have to
    be Bill Gates to pass it.. but u need a really good and
    long preparation, and here r some reasons:
    1. I call 216 "the check boxes exam" u need to know every
    check box in every single service (dhcp, dns, wins.. etc)
    and it's not that easy, cz they r very similar, and u need
    to know where is every check box...
    2. there is no 1 single resource for studing, u must use
    several resources unlike any other subject
    3. some pple find subneting very defficult
    4. must cases can't be practiced: when u have a question
    like: we have 20 router!!
    I think that all what 216 needs is a good preparation, and
    u'll pass it
    talid, Aug 1, 2003