    MCP Guest

    What is the passing score in questions to get right and
    percentage wise to pass this exam ?????

    MCP, Jan 24, 2004

  2. MCP

    chukie weiss Guest

    Its 70%, just like high school ... A is 90%, B is 80% ...

    After each test you get a MCSETPA Rating(tm), or MCSE
    testing Average. Mine is 3.78. Your's could be too with
    hard work and deadicashion.

    chukie weiss, Jan 24, 2004

  3. MCP

    Marko Guest

    ----- chukie weiss wrote: -----

    Its 70%, just like high school ... A is 90%, B is 80% ...

    After each test you get a MCSETPA Rating(tm), or MCSE
    testing Average. Mine is 3.78. Your's could be too with
    hard work and deadicashion.

    Please don't believe everything you read from guys like Chuckie
    who don't even know how to spell their own names.

    Deadicashion? Did you mean dedication?

    C'mon, Chuckie. You were a chance to fool him right up until
    that gem. Hell, I even thought the grade point average thing
    you included was pretty convincing. But then you went too far
    by stating that yours was a 3.78 - with that spelling.....?

    Still worth a chuckle, chuckie.

    To the original poster - MCP. You got 70-210 or 270, right?
    Those exams are similar in many ways to the skill level
    required to pass 70-215. Passing percentage is around 60%.
    Seems to vary, as I have seen answers from 540 to 660
    out of a possible 1000.

    But - if know your stuff and plan to pass with a healthy grade,
    then who really cares what the minimum to pass is? Do you
    plan to do just the minimum???

    Marko, Jan 25, 2004
  4. MCP

    Guest Guest

    While I agree that if you really know your stuff, you shouldn't be too worried about the score, I'm still curious where the cutoff is.

    Based on the XP Pro exam (270?) I thought it was 70% too -- "Passing Score" was 700, I got above that, and assumed it was 700 out of 1000. Well, On Monday I took 218. Again, the "Passing Score" was 700, but my score was over 1000, and I still got a few wrong. I have no idea what MS's point system is like, But it seems that getting less than 70% correct is acceptible to them... I kinda wish it were a bit higher to make certification more meaningful...

    -Chris

    Guest, Jan 28, 2004
  5. MCP

    Silenius Guest

    hey to all,,

    tell me something cause im curious,
    im study sybex and ms books for the 210-215
    exams,and practising on some tests like
    boson,measureup,transcenders.
    The real exams are close to stuff like measureup tests or
    the tests of sybex and ms that including inside the books??

    thanks,

    Silenius, Jan 31, 2004
  6. MCP

    Will Guest

    But i thought you dont gt your test scores, Isnt it a pass
    or fail

    Will, Feb 10, 2004
  7. MCP

    Herb Martin Guest

    The key issue is that you pass or you do not.

    SOME exams give a "score" in addition so you get some idea of
    "how close" your score was to the cut-off.

    Some other exams (now, again) give "section" scores or at least a
    graph to indicate your weak/strong areas.

    Most of the above has recently been of little actual value. Your
    best resource is to take notes once you leave the test -- i.e., turn
    in your note sheets and receive you score sheet.

    You should do this whether you fail or pass (to learn more and study for
    OTHER exams.) Sharing such notes would possibly violate your non-disclosure
    agreement but you have a perfect right to use them for your OWN private
    study.

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Feb 11, 2004