70-215 suggestions

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Todd Virlee, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Todd Virlee

    Todd Virlee Guest

    I passed the Server exam last week. My suggestions to those people
    out there:

    1. Try things on a test server. Things make more sense if you
    actually have practice.

    2. Get a good book. I suggest those published by New Riders (now
    Que).

    3. Buy practice exams. I used Transcender. 2 questions from there
    were on the exam.

    4. After you take the test, don't do the brain dump thing. If
    everyone brain dumped, anyone could get certified.

    My 2 suggestion to Microsoft:

    1. Let us know more information than pass or fail. I don't know if
    this means I got an 80% overall, or 80% in each of the 7 topic areas.
    If you don't want to show us how many questions we had wrong, just let
    us know our percentages in the 7 areas.

    2. The exam computers need to be no more than 7 years old. I think
    this exam may have been on a Windows 95 machine. My previous exam was
    on Windows 3.1, but it was in 2002, not 1993.
    Todd Virlee, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Todd Virlee

    WOLFF Guest

    The first time I went for a test, The PC kept locking up
    as I was going sorta fast over them,
    I liked all the " How to Nav the windows 2000 start menu" questions.
    This was the main topic for my first test,
    None of the questions where that usefull, It seemed.
    Iam not sure if this is a good thing or not.
    But I bet the test givers ( this is not MS ) are not taking the test's.
    If someone cant Nav the control panel or start menu, why cert them ?
    I would love to see more networking layout's for questions.

    WOLFF, Jul 9, 2003