    failed by 15 points.. Disappointing and extremely nervous
    about second attempt..

    Any info would be great.

    belinda, Oct 27, 2004

  2. belinda

    Steve Guest

    Try google
    search for "subnetting"

    Steve, Oct 27, 2004

  3. belinda

    SumJuan Guest

    belinda <> wrote:
    > two questions..
    >
    > 1) Anyone know where to get easy to understand
    > information on subnetting/networking.
    >
    > Any info would be great.

    http://www.learntosubnet.com/

    Google for a 3Com tutorial called Understanding IP Addressing: Everything
    You Ever Wanted To Know by Chuck Semeria

    // sj

    // you may also want to know that you should never send mail to:

    -abuse.org

    // e-mail harvesters will love them though
    // I take no credit for the sig :)

    SumJuan, Oct 28, 2004
  4. belinda

    Darrick West Guest

    For item 2, you could try right-clicking the executable, or .lnk file,
    select the compatibilty tab, check the box labeled "Run in compatibility
    mode for:", and choose Windows 2000. If you don't see the compatibility
    tab, click Start|Run and type regsrv32 %systemroot%\apppatch\slayerui.dll,
    click OK and try again.

    Darrick West, Oct 29, 2004
  5. belinda

    Guest

    1) I don't think you need to worry too much about
    subnetting on the 70-215 exam. I just passed my 70-215,
    and was not asked one question on subnetting. You need
    to worry about this more on 70-216 and maybe a little on
    70-218. I obtained some real good subnetting help from a
    friend that attended one of the MCSE boot camps. If I
    can locate it online somewhere I will repost a link to it.

    2) My Microsoft Press Readiness review also does not work
    on my XP box. I am running it on 2000.

    3) Don't be dicouraged by your first failure. I failed
    70-215 the first time by only 20 points. I got a 680 out
    of 700. I studied a few more weeks, retook the exam and
    got an 850 on the second try. 70-215 is the only exam I
    have failed, and I only failed it once. I found 70-210
    to be blindingly easy. 70-218 about the same. 70-216 I
    am worried a little bit more about.

    , Nov 1, 2004
  6. belinda

    m e macon Guest

    google "how to subnet" or "subnet guide" there are several out there with
    several diferent approaches to reach the same conclusion. Find the one that
    makes sense to you. i used Exam Cram for this test and was not happy with
    their coverage of subnetting. As always though, you need more than one book
    or guide for these exams. Other bit of advice is to do lots of binary to
    standard number and vice versa conversions on paper because it will bog you
    down during test time unless you are well rehearsed in it !

    m e macon, Jan 7, 2005