70-215 new exam

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Marko, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Marko

    Marko Guest

    or
    >not. Just curious. Thanks.
    >.

    Did everyone miss the fact that it is not possible to know
    the exam questions were new unless you had obtained dumps
    of the previous questions and were able to compare?

    Just curious. Thanks.

    Where are all the flamers when you need them?

    Marko, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Marko

    Marko Guest

    Ok Networking Student (if that is indeed your real name)

    I didn't consider that you had done the exam before. If
    you had done the exam before, you may have missed the bit
    (I think it is in the retake policy) where it states that
    the questions will not be repeated, hence it would appear
    to be a new exam for you.

    That is why you can't book an exam on less than 48 hours
    notice: They need time to generate new questions just for
    you!

    Regards

    Marko

    Marko, Aug 7, 2003

  3. My thought exactly Marko.

    David McGinty, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Marko

    Maestro Guest

    ....except that his timeframe is incorrect. Microsoft's
    policy is that you can retake the exam anytime after the
    first failure. After a second and subsequent failure you
    have to wait at least two weeks before retesting.
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/faq/security.as
    The other things is that I don't think Microsoft rotates
    questions that regularly. It's not inconceivable to fail
    an exam (in my opinion), retake it and get the same exam.
    Networking Student probably just got lucky, although I did
    intially wonder how he knew the questions were new. I
    think this is a case of him wording his statement
    incorrectly. Perhaps if he'd originally said that he took
    the exam. failed it, re-took it and got a *different* set
    of questions no one would be questioning his integrity.

    Maestro, Aug 7, 2003