    pt. Have taken the 70-210 some time ago.

    .... as someone said in an earlier posting, why am I doing this ...?

    Jan.F

    Jafurulu, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Jafurulu

    MCSE World Guest

    They are, effectively, the same test but on different products. They are
    interchangable, meaning that you can take credit for only one of them
    towards your MCSE or MCSA requirement. If you've passed 70-210 already,
    you're probably wasting your money on taking 70-270 unless you've got a
    distinct (READ: paying) reason to take it.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    "Jafurulu" <-nett.no> wrote in message
    > Do anyone know how 70-210 W2K Professional is compared to 70-270 Windows

    XP

    MCSE World, Dec 5, 2003

  3. Jafurulu

    Jafurulu Guest

    MCSE World wrote:
    >They are, effectively, the same test but on different products.

    Yes, the questions is much the same, but there is more questions where you
    need to know the syntax of command line programs. (e.g. convert, sfc,
    sigverif, secedit, some disk admin tools and even the start command and it's
    parameters and some programs I don't remember I have ever heard about)

    > If you've passed 70-210 already, you're probably wasting your money on

    taking 70-270 unless
    > you've got a distinct (READ: paying) reason to take it.

    Well, yes, I just wanted to know. And One Day in the future the Windows
    2000 Professional will be retired and out-dated, and the XP test will still
    be valid a year or two...

    (BTW, I passed with score 725, it was the command line programs that nearly
    kicked me down...)

    Jan.F

    Jafurulu, Dec 5, 2003