    individual topic within the exam, or is it just an overall grade?

    Thanks

    Phil.
    Phil, Apr 27, 2005

  2. Phil

    T-Bone Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote
    > The passing score of 700/1000, exactly how many questions can you
    > afford to get wrong?

    You need a 700 overall to pass. The total score required and number of
    questions varies. You can find most of this information on the MS website.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Apr 27, 2005

  3. Phil

    Guest

    Phil, since you are a newbie at this game, I would recommend a few
    things.....

    -Go to testking.com, pay for the study guide on 210, study it till your
    brain hurts.
    -Also take the sim. exams, since they are almost exactly the same as
    the test.

    I took the same route when I started out several years ago. But if you
    don't want to go that route, try dropping a crap load of $$$ and go to
    a bootcamp.
    , Apr 27, 2005
  4. Phil

    molsonexpert Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Phil, since you are a newbie at this game, I would recommend a few
    > things.....
    >
    > -Go to testking.com, pay for the study guide on 210, study it till your
    > brain hurts.
    > -Also take the sim. exams, since they are almost exactly the same as
    > the test.
    >
    > I took the same route when I started out several years ago. But if you
    > don't want to go that route, try dropping a crap load of $$$ and go to
    > a bootcamp.

    Good advice, skippy, my pal, you cheating b@stard. Phil, since you are a
    newbie, I would recommend downloading whatever resources you can from MS,
    including the test matrix, then purchasing whatever books you can afford.
    Search the newsgroups; you should be able to find recommended books for this
    exam. Don't worry about what you need to pass (number of questions,
    percentage, total score, etc.). Concentrate on the material you need to
    know, with extra stress on the subject areas you feel you're weak in. Use
    transcender or measure up or any other prep exams to gauge you progress, but
    only after you've studied your butt off. Testking, actualexams and all the
    rest are braindumps and violate the MS NDA. on't listen to the likes of
    skippy here and other vermin and you should do fien.

    sorry for rambling.

    steve.
    molsonexpert, Apr 27, 2005
  5. Phil

    T-Bone Guest

    <> wrote
    > -Go to testking.com, pay for the study guide on 210, study it till your
    > brain hurts.

    Molsonexpert gave you the long version, but I'll give you the short version.
    Testking is for cheating assfsckers.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Apr 27, 2005
  6. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Skippy, my brain already hurts :)

    I paid for the study guide from Cramsession, and it does help a little. My
    employer paid for the Transcenders, which I'm just scraping a pass mark on
    at the moment.

    Thanks for the tips everyone. Wish me luck as it's booked for a week this
    Friday.

    Cheers

    Phil.

    Phil, Apr 28, 2005
  7. Phil

    Ronathospice Guest

    Your post brings back memories of when I took my first certification exam on
    Windows 95. I was paranoid about wanting to pass since my employer was paying
    for the exam. He came to me one day and said "Go take your exam". I said
    I'm not ready yet, and he replied "Yes you are. Do it" Well I went and took
    the exam sweating bullets all the way to the test center. And I DID Pass it.
    He gave me one of the best pieces of advice during my certification quests:
    "Don't be afraid to take a flunk. I have a whole drawer full of them. If
    you don't feel confident and are not sure what they are looking for...go sit
    for the exam. At least you will then know what they want and can make a
    final preparation with added study in the areas in which you didn't do well."
    Long story short....don't sweat the format, the number of questions, exam
    structure, etc. I have taken 18 certification exams since that first one and
    only flunked 3 of them (took retakes on all and passed). Do your study,
    practice with the software, and know your stuff...On that basis you will do
    well. Good Luck!!!!

    Ronathospice, Apr 28, 2005