    *fap fap fap fap*
    <>< <>< <>< <>< ><>
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

    Liddle Feesh, May 27, 2004

  2. Liddle Feesh

    Mike E. Guest

    70 questions to be answered in 90 minutes. You need a
    score of 700 out of a possible 1000 to pass. The actual
    test questions seemed harder than the practice questions.
    Some of the questions are very long and detailed. In most
    cases 3 out of 4 answers are almost identical. The hard
    part is trying to determine what minor difference makes
    only one answer correct. I studied the Transcender
    practice questions,Desktop Applications with VB6.0,and
    MCSD in a Nutshell. I did not pass. My score was 562. I
    should point out that I taught myself Visual Basic. I have
    no on the job experience with it, either. The test is
    designed to weed out people like me. You need to have
    actually used Visual Basic a lot to pass this test. Hope
    this info is useful to you.

    expires (June 30th).

    >Does anyone have any hints and tips for the exam? I have

    practice questions
    >and plenty of material, but no-where can I actually find

    out:

    >1. How many questions
    >2. Pass grade
    >
    >Any advice appreciated for a 1st time MCP-wannabee!

    (VB.NET Deskop Apps to

    Mike E., May 28, 2004

  3. Liddle Feesh

    Liddle Feesh Guest

    "Mike E." <> wrote in message
    > 70 questions to be answered in 90 minutes. You need a
    > score of 700 out of a possible 1000 to pass. The actual
    > test questions seemed harder than the practice questions.

    Out of 1000? How is that calculated?

    > Some of the questions are very long and detailed. In most
    > cases 3 out of 4 answers are almost identical. The hard
    > part is trying to determine what minor difference makes
    > only one answer correct. I studied the Transcender
    > practice questions,Desktop Applications with VB6.0,and
    > MCSD in a Nutshell.

    I have just gotten that book. It seems to make good sense to me, was it
    helpful for the exam? It's quite an old book, and I wonder how accurately it
    represents the exam.

    > I did not pass. My score was 562. I
    > should point out that I taught myself Visual Basic. I have
    > no on the job experience with it, either. The test is
    > designed to weed out people like me. You need to have
    > actually used Visual Basic a lot to pass this test. Hope
    > this info is useful to you.

    I have used VB a lot, so I guess I hope I will pass.

    What did you find difficult or surprising that you were not prepared for? I
    hear there are a lot of questions on the package/deployment wizard (which I
    have HARDLY ever used) and also on ActiveX documents and other more obscure
    things.

    Do I need to know the object models for the basic controls off by heart?

    --

    Liddle Feesh
    *fap fap fap fap*

    Liddle Feesh, May 30, 2004
  4. Liddle Feesh

    Mike E. Guest

    >Out of 1000? How is that calculated?
    >
    >>Not sure how they give 70 questions 1000 points.
    >>
    >>I studied the Transcender practice questions,Desktop

    Applications with VB6.0,and MCSD in a Nutshell.

    >I have just gotten that book. It seems to make good sense

    to me, was it helpful for the exam? It's quite an old
    book, and I wonder how accurately it represents the exam.

    >>The book is helpful, but is has been almost two years

    since I took the exam, so I don't know if it is still
    relevant.

    >I have used VB a lot, so I guess I hope I will pass.
    >What did you find difficult or surprising that you were

    not prepared for? I hear there are a lot of questions on
    the package/deployment wizard (which I have HARDLY ever
    used) and also on ActiveX documents and other more obscure
    >things. Do I need to know the object models for the basic

    controls off by heart?

    >> I felt there were some obscure things on the test. Yes,

    you should be up on the package/deployment wizard and
    Active X documents. As I can recall they did have many
    questions in those areas. If you have used Visual Basic a
    lot and study extra in the areas you asked about, you may
    have a good chance at passing. Bear in mind, this is a
    rather difficult test. Try not to spend too much time
    pondering over which answer is correct, or you may find
    yourself running out of time. Goog luck.

    Mike E., May 30, 2004
  5. Liddle Feesh

    Liddle Feesh Guest

    "Mike E." <> wrote in message
    > >What did you find difficult or surprising that you were

    > not prepared for? I hear there are a lot of questions on
    > the package/deployment wizard (which I have HARDLY ever
    > used) and also on ActiveX documents and other more obscure
    > >things. Do I need to know the object models for the basic

    > controls off by heart?
    > >> I felt there were some obscure things on the test. Yes,

    > you should be up on the package/deployment wizard and
    > Active X documents. As I can recall they did have many
    > questions in those areas. If you have used Visual Basic a
    > lot and study extra in the areas you asked about, you may
    > have a good chance at passing. Bear in mind, this is a
    > rather difficult test. Try not to spend too much time
    > pondering over which answer is correct, or you may find
    > yourself running out of time. Goog luck.

    Thanks for your help, Mike. I don't feel 100% ready for the test yet, but
    it's about to get retired (30th June), and this is my best single shot at
    MCP Certification.

    Good Luck with it, if you also choose to take it again!

    --

    Liddle Feesh
    *fap fap fap fap*

    Liddle Feesh, May 30, 2004
  6. Liddle Feesh

    Liddle Feesh Guest

    "Liddle Feesh" <> wrote in message news:WXkuc.8186
    > "Mike E." <> wrote in message
    > > >What did you find difficult or surprising that you were

    > > not prepared for? I hear there are a lot of questions on
    > > the package/deployment wizard (which I have HARDLY ever
    > > used) and also on ActiveX documents and other more obscure
    > > >things. Do I need to know the object models for the basic

    > > controls off by heart?

    > > you should be up on the package/deployment wizard and
    > > Active X documents. As I can recall they did have many
    > > questions in those areas. If you have used Visual Basic a
    > > lot and study extra in the areas you asked about, you may
    > > have a good chance at passing. Bear in mind, this is a
    > > rather difficult test. Try not to spend too much time
    > > pondering over which answer is correct, or you may find
    > > yourself running out of time. Goog luck.

    > Thanks for your help, Mike. I don't feel 100% ready for the test yet, but
    > it's about to get retired (30th June), and this is my best single shot at
    > MCP Certification.
    >
    > Good Luck with it, if you also choose to take it again!

    I've booked my exam for Monday 7th June. I'm still studying, but woefully
    underachieving on practice exams (I didn't realise package and deployment
    wizard and activex DOCUMENTS were so important!)...

    Gotta swot up on those two areas (which I've seen, but hardly EVER used,
    LOL) before next week :)

    --

    Liddle Feesh
    *fap fap fap fap*

    Liddle Feesh, May 31, 2004
  7. Liddle Feesh

    Liddle Feesh Guest

    Took the exam today.

    Got 928/1000. I was quite shocked, as I thought my performance on the exam
    was marginal. And, I had been doing far worse on my practice tests.

    --

    Liddle Feesh
    *fap fap fap fap*

    Liddle Feesh, Jun 7, 2004