    still listed on the MS site as part of the MCDBA track, so I assume it
    should still be available somewhere?

    Thanks!

    Adam Machanic, Dec 23, 2004

  2. Hi Adam,

    If you read at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdba/requirements.asp,
    footnote 4 says, "This exam is scheduled to be discontinued." Following the
    "Discontinuation of Exams notice " link, you'll eventually get to
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examsretired.asp which
    says that the exam was retired on June 30, 2004. It also says there that
    there are "No candidate requirements to retain certification." meaning that
    anyone who's MCDBA depends on this exam will not lose their MCDBA, but new
    candidates may not use this exam toward an MCDBA.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Dec 25, 2004

  3. Thanks, Cindy!

    --