    Thanks for any help,

    --
    Global_Killa
    Global_Killa, Jan 2, 2005

  2. Global_Killa

    The One Guest

    Try www.google.co.uk and search for hardware / peripheral reviews.
    The One, Jan 2, 2005

  3. Global_Killa wrote:
    > Hey all,
    > Does anyone know of a good 7.1 pc surround sound system for around £200?
    > I listen to a lot of music, so I would like one that is good at handling
    > that.

    Creative Inspire? I have a 7.1 set up for gaming and music.

    Now tell me this, why would you need 7.1 surround sound for music? Music
    is made for stereo speakers, not surround. Unless you listen to DVD
    Audio then you can have true surround sound for your music.

    Or of course, you make your own music with surround sound ;o)

    Yours Sincerely,
    Samuël ML Lison

    --
    DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
    Contact Me: http://about.dreamcities.net/contact.html
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samu=EBl_ML_Lison?=, Jan 3, 2005
  4. Global_Killa

    Thor Guest

    "Samuël ML Lison" <> wrote in message
    > Global_Killa wrote:
    >> Hey all,
    >> Does anyone know of a good 7.1 pc surround sound system for around
    >> £200?
    >> I listen to a lot of music, so I would like one that is good at handling
    >> that.

    > Creative Inspire? I have a 7.1 set up for gaming and music.
    >
    > Now tell me this, why would you need 7.1 surround sound for music? Music
    > is made for stereo speakers, not surround. Unless you listen to DVD Audio
    > then you can have true surround sound for your music.
    >
    > Or of course, you make your own music with surround sound ;o)
    >

    > Yours Sincerely,
    > Samuël ML Lison

    I think you'll find that most CDs with audio mastered in the digital age
    will produce quite satisfying dolby surround. Not Dolby Digital 5.1, 6.1, or
    DTS mind you, but just about any standard *analog* Dolby decoder will pick
    up and decode surround cues on CD audio for most recordings. I have many CDs
    with wonderful surround cues for certain instruments in the recordings, and
    this is not to be confused with simulated or "matrix" surround, which can be
    used on any recording, and doesn't rely on surround encoding info on the
    tracks. Dolby surround encoding has to be deliberately present on the track
    for any surround channel output, and this is the surround mode I am
    referring to.
    Thor, Jan 3, 2005
  5. Global_Killa

    Global_Killa Guest

    > Global_Killa wrote:
    >> Hey all,
    >> Does anyone know of a good 7.1 pc surround sound system for around
    >> £200?
    >> I listen to a lot of music, so I would like one that is good at handling
    >> that.

    > Creative Inspire? I have a 7.1 set up for gaming and music.
    >
    > Now tell me this, why would you need 7.1 surround sound for music? Music
    > is made for stereo speakers, not surround. Unless you listen to DVD Audio
    > then you can have true surround sound for your music.
    >
    > Or of course, you make your own music with surround sound ;o)
    >

    > Yours Sincerely,
    > Samuël ML Lison
    >
    > --
    > DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
    > Contact Me: http://about.dreamcities.net/contact.html

    I've just brought a new pc, and it comes with a 7.1 surround sound card so I
    thought I might as well upgrade my sound system to suit my sound card.

    --
    Global_Killa
    Global_Killa, Jan 3, 2005
  6. Global_Killa wrote:
    > I've just brought a new pc, and it comes with a 7.1 surround sound

    card so I
    > thought I might as well upgrade my sound system to suit my sound card.

    Creative Inspire ;o)

    Or, plug in your awesome, huge home theatre system using digital output
    from your Sound Blaster Audigy 2.

    Yours Sincerely,
    Samuël ML Lison

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samu=EBl_ML_Lison?=, Jan 4, 2005