7.1 DVDs?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Iain Mackenzie, Oct 17, 2003.

  1. Are there any? If not, then what is the point in 7.1 receivers?
    Iain

    Iain Mackenzie, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Iain Mackenzie

    Tarkus Guest

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:44:28 +0100, Iain Mackenzie wrote:

    > Are there any? If not, then what is the point in 7.1 receivers?

    $$$.

    HTH.
    --
    "Don't touch that please. Your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
    things with alloys and compositions and things with ... molecular

    Now playing: "UFO - Too Hot To Handle"

    Tarkus, Oct 17, 2003

  3. Iain Mackenzie

    Zamboni Guest

    "Tarkus" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:44:28 +0100, Iain Mackenzie wrote:
    >
    > > Are there any? If not, then what is the point in 7.1 receivers?

    > $$$.

    My computer outputs 7.1 sound and is connected to the same receiver as the
    DVD player. (For those rare games that support these rear channels.) (Not
    that I can tell the difference, mind you, but it didn't feel right leaving
    those wires unconnected.)
    --
    Zamboni

    Zamboni, Oct 17, 2003
  4. Iain Mackenzie

    Richard C. Guest

    "Iain Mackenzie" <> wrote in message
    : Are there any? If not, then what is the point in 7.1 receivers?
    : Iain
    :
    ==================
    There are none.
    There are some 6.1, however.

    The point is future proofing.
    ===================

    Richard C., Oct 18, 2003
  5. What happens to a 6.1 disc when it is played thru 7.1? Does the 6th channel
    get output to both rear channels? Is there some kind of processing going on
    to simulate separate rear channels?
    Thanks,
    Iain

    Iain Mackenzie, Oct 18, 2003
  6. Iain Mackenzie

    : What happens to a 6.1 disc when it is played thru 7.1? Does the 6th channel
    : get output to both rear channels? Is there some kind of processing going on
    : to simulate separate rear channels?
    : Thanks,
    : Iain
    :
    =================
    It depends on the receiver.
    On my Pioneer Elite 49TX, both rear surrounds are identical in DD and DTS modes.
    =================

    :
    : "Richard C." <> wrote in message
    : news:3f9094f1$0$126$...
    : > "Iain Mackenzie" <> wrote in message
    : > news:eek:wYjb.4922$...
    : > : Are there any? If not, then what is the point in 7.1 receivers?
    : > : Iain
    : > :
    : > ==================
    : > There are none.
    : > There are some 6.1, however.
    : >
    : > The point is future proofing.
    : > ===================
    : >
    : >
    :
    :

    Richard C., Oct 18, 2003
  7. Iain Mackenzie

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    > What happens to a 6.1 disc when it is played thru 7.1? Does the 6th

    channel
    > get output to both rear channels?

    Yup.

    Joshua Zyber, Oct 18, 2003