    Does anyone know if there is a reasonable priced high resolution
    scanner for 6x17 format, other than the Imacon?
    Thanks Tomas
    Tomas, Aug 13, 2004

  2. Tomas

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Tomas"

    >Does anyone know if there is a reasonable priced high resolution
    >scanner for 6x17 format, other than the Imacon?

    I know a guy who uses a Nikon 8000, which has a strip holder that will hold a
    6x17. It only scans 6x9 but he just scans the 6x17 in two parts and joins them
    in Photoshop. Kind of a kludge but it seems to work.
    Bill Hilton, Aug 13, 2004

  3. Tomas

    No One Guest

    Epson 4870 or whatever that one is will do a great job. You may need to make
    a holder. My 1680 will scan 6-17 no problem.

    No One, Aug 14, 2004
  4. In article <cfir5j$5lk$>, says...
    > Does anyone know if there is a reasonable priced high resolution
    > scanner for 6x17 format, other than the Imacon?
    > Thanks Tomas

    Get the Epson 4870 and the third-party film holder
    from Doug Fisher.
    Here is a link to a review:
    http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson%
    204870/DF_holder/MF.htm

    (You will have to paste the above two lines into one string)
    --
    Robert D Feinman
    http://robertdfeinman.com
    Robert Feinman, Aug 14, 2004