    them in stores. I know there are some on ebay, but I was just wondering why
    the memory I need (66mhz) is so hard to find. Can anyone answer? I'm
    curious...
    stasha, Feb 25, 2004

  2. stasha

    Brian H¹© Guest

    stasha said:

    > I went to a few pc stores looking for the memory I need, and was told that
    > 66mhz memory sticks are pretty rare and that I'd have a hard time finding
    > them in stores. I know there are some on ebay, but I was just wondering why
    > the memory I need (66mhz) is so hard to find. Can anyone answer? I'm
    > curious...

    Technological advances.
    Brian H¹©, Feb 25, 2004

  3. stasha wrote:
    :: I went to a few pc stores looking for the memory I need, and was
    :: told that 66mhz memory sticks are pretty rare and that I'd have a
    :: hard time finding them in stores. I know there are some on ebay,
    :: but I was just wondering why the memory I need (66mhz) is so hard to
    :: find. Can anyone answer? I'm curious...

    Because they are obsolete.

    But, lucky you, you can put faster memory sticks in and they will work as if
    they were 66meg ones.

    Have you tried Crucial?

    www.crucial.com
    eric the seal, Feb 25, 2004
  4. stasha

    Steven Guest

    try ebay they have everything but the prices might go a bit nuts but its
    great for getting rare items...

    Steven, Feb 26, 2004
  5. stasha

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Steven said:

    Bloody

    > try ebay they have everything but the prices might go a bit nuts but its
    > great for getting rare items...

    top

    > "stasha" <> wrote in message
    >> I went to a few pc stores looking for the memory I need, and was told that
    >> 66mhz memory sticks are pretty rare and that I'd have a hard time finding
    >> them in stores. I know there are some on ebay, but I was just wondering why
    >> the memory I need (66mhz) is so hard to find. Can anyone answer? I'm
    >> curious...

    posters.
    :p
    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004
  6. stasha

    Dennis Guest

    stasha wrote:
    > I went to a few pc stores looking for the memory I need, and was told that
    > 66mhz memory sticks are pretty rare and that I'd have a hard time finding
    > them in stores. I know there are some on ebay, but I was just wondering why
    > the memory I need (66mhz) is so hard to find. Can anyone answer? I'm
    > curious...

    Buy PC133 or PC100 memory. It will work in your system just fine. 66 is
    getting difficult to find because it's been several years since it was
    widely used in PCs.
    Dennis, Feb 26, 2004
  7. stasha

    br1ght Guest

    "stasha" wrote,

    >>I know there are some on ebay, but I was just

    wondering why
    >> the memory I need (66mhz) is so hard to find. Can

    anyone answer? I'm
    >> curious...

    If you went to buy a horn bulb off a Model T that was
    in mint condition, you'd likely have to scrounge for it
    because the car is sooo old... same goes for 66mhz
    memory, it is in the computing world an antique...
    nobody has churned out 66 chips for 3+ years and the
    equipment that it was built for still is in use... just
    like the Mod T's horn, people aren't going yank their
    working memory from their towers to 'give' it away to
    you...

    --
    br1ght
    _____________________________
    wrote in message news:ynf%b.1192$bJ1.973@newsfe1-win...
    : Steven said:
    :
    : Bloody
    :
    : > try ebay they have everything but the prices might
    go a bit nuts but its
    : > great for getting rare items...
    :
    :
    : top
    :
    : >
    : > news:...
    br1ght, Feb 26, 2004
  8. Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Steven said:

    > Bloody

    posters.

    >> try ebay they have everything but the prices might go a bit nuts but its
    >> great for getting rare items...

    > top

    top

    >> "stasha" <> wrote in message
    >>> I went to a few pc stores looking for the memory I need, and was told that
    >>> 66mhz memory sticks are pretty rare and that I'd have a hard time finding
    >>> them in stores. I know there are some on ebay, but I was just wondering why
    >>> the memory I need (66mhz) is so hard to find. Can anyone answer? I'm
    >>> curious...

    > posters.
    >:p

    Bloody

    Shouldn't that have been? :)

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 26, 2004
  9. Howdy!

    "stasha" <> wrote in message
    > I went to a few pc stores looking for the memory I need, and was told that
    > 66mhz memory sticks are pretty rare and that I'd have a hard time finding
    > them in stores. I know there are some on ebay, but I was just wondering

    why
    > the memory I need (66mhz) is so hard to find. Can anyone answer? I'm
    > curious...

    You can use a lower-density PC100 also.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Feb 29, 2004
  10. stasha

    Professor Guest

    They are rare because the motherboard's that use them are becoming obsolete
    so they don't make parts for them anymore. The only ones you will find are
    on sites that deal in old equipment liks CSO computer surplus outlet and
    there you can usually find them at a good price.

    Professor, Feb 29, 2004