    or just interface gig 0/1

    and the device just KNOWS how to route between them? is there a config. I
    can look at.

    NNTP, Jul 28, 2004

  2. NNTP

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    In article <>, news8080
    @yahoo.com says...
    > on a 6509 doing L3 switching/routing with sup 720, we have the following
    > going on.
    >
    > - Sup.720/6509
    > - just IOS no hibrid mode
    > - plan to route about 20 vlans.
    >
    > The way the VLANS will be configured is that 3 or 4 of the gig ports will
    > take up one vlan.
    >
    > do I configure these with
    > interface vlan1
    > or just interface gig 0/1
    >
    > and the device just KNOWS how to route between them? is there a config. I
    > can look at.

    It should be simple. Enable routing:

    ip routing

    and just add ports to vlan's:

    int gig0/1
    switchport vlan 5
    int gig0/2
    switchport vlan 5
    int gig0/3
    switchport vlan 5

    and add an IP address to vlan:

    int vlan 5
    ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

    Those commands are from top of my head, so they might be wrong. But
    you'll get the idea.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostres, Jul 28, 2004