    the plugs are the same.

    Thanks, James.

    , Feb 21, 2006

  2. mdp Guest

    mdp, Feb 21, 2006

  3. mdp Guest

    mdp, Feb 21, 2006
  4. Guest

    You may if the Voltage rating is the same on both devices. It is
    important that the Voltage is the same on the laptop and the ac
    adapter. Since the adapter is 65 w, considerably less than 90w your
    laptop will be underpowered.

    Best Regards
    Battery Wizard
    http://www.ComputerBatteries.co.uk

    , Feb 21, 2006
  5. Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:17:51 -0800, martylyons wrote:

    > Hi, I recently recieved a dell m70 for work, it uses a 90 watt PS, can
    > I use the 65 watt PS from my last Dell d610? They look the same and
    > the plugs are the same.
    >

    > Thanks, James.

    no.

    Meat Plow, Feb 21, 2006
  6. Roy Jones Guest

    On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 06:49:03 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:17:51 -0800, martylyons wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, I recently recieved a dell m70 for work, it uses a 90 watt PS, can
    >> I use the 65 watt PS from my last Dell d610? They look the same and
    >> the plugs are the same.
    >>

    >> Thanks, James.

    > no.

    The M70 draws more current from the poser supply than the D610. If you try
    to run an M70 using the 65W supply, you'll get an error message from the
    system BIOS saying that the supply is inadequate and the machine won't
    start.

    Roy

    Roy Jones, Feb 25, 2006