64bit windows won't install help please

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by moontune, Dec 21, 2005.

  1. moontune

    moontune Guest

    moontune, Dec 21, 2005

  2. moontune

    Rick Guest

    No you don't. If your cd drive is not recognized by Win x64, then you
    have a hardware problem. If you have a SATA CD drive, you will need to
    replace it. Win x64 will not install from a SATA CD drive.

    Rick, Dec 21, 2005

  3. moontune

    moontune Guest

    1) starting caldera DR-DOS (2) oak tec inc,otc-011 cd-rom dev
    driver,d011v110 device name:mscd001 (3) parition c:\installed (4) usb
    support scc initialized drive d:driver 'msc001'unit0, drive e:\same (5)
    caldera DR-DOS 7.03 [DR-DOS] A:\. AND THAT WHERE I GET LOST THANK YOU IF
    YOU HELP MOONTUNE

    --
    moontune
    moontune's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1659

    moontune, Dec 22, 2005
  4. moontune

    Rick Guest

    You don't give much information, but it sounds like you have downloaded
    the trial version and extracted the files before burning to CD which is
    booting to DR-DOS because of floppy emulation.

    When you download a .ISO image you do not extract anything! You select
    "Burn Image to Disc" in you software and it will take care of burning it
    correct.

    The .ISO image is a "mirror" image of a bootable CD and has the
    necessary files in it.

    The following link has information on the correct procedure to burn an
    iso image to disc.

    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

    Rick, Dec 22, 2005