  1. I'm interested in purchasing a new pc with a 64bit processor, but am I going
    to lose all of the hardware I have currently... such as printer, scanner,
    etc.?

    =?Utf-8?B?cmljaw==?=, Aug 18, 2005

  2. Check the manufacturer's websites for 64-bit drivers. There is nothing
    inherent in a 64-bit OS that would cause you to lose usage of printers,
    scanners, modems, video cards, mice, keyboards, NICs, etc. The problem is
    whether the manufacturers have released 64-bit drivers for your particular
    mix of devices.

    Colin Barnhorst MVP, Aug 18, 2005

  3. "rick" <> wrote in message
    > I'm interested in purchasing a new pc with a 64bit processor, but am I
    > going
    > to lose all of the hardware I have currently... such as printer, scanner,
    > etc.?

    No. You can keep running XP 32bit until XP 64 bit has the drivers you need.

    If you get an AMD based 64 bit system, you will do well. Make sure it is a
    939 pin cpu based system, to keep your upgrade paths open. :eek:)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Aug 18, 2005