    problem and, more importantly, do they have a resolution to this?

    The last thing I want to do is to have to get a new printer/scanner

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?RGlsbGluZ2Vy?=, Aug 17, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGlsbGluZ2Vy?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You are likely out of luck with the scanner. You can probably use an
    alternative printer driver and get reasonable print quality.

    John Barnes, Aug 17, 2007

  3. Hi John,

    Having tinkered with various drivers for over a week, about an hour after
    posting this last night I got a partial win. I used the vista 64 driver, from
    Lexmark, which allows the scanner and printer work, although the scanner
    won't do OCR, but I'm not overly bothered aout that.

    Thanks for your input anyway.

    Regards,

    Gary

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlsbGluZ2Vy?=, Aug 17, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGlsbGluZ2Vy?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Glad to hear that the Vista driver worked. That news could help others here
    get their machines useful again. Maybe some who were complaining about
    Canon printers can try their Vista64 drivers.

    John Barnes, Aug 17, 2007