    --
    AMD FX51, SK8N 940, NVIDIA FX5950, WD 74G 10KRPM SATA, WD 150G 7.2KRPM IDE,
    KINGSTON 1G RAM, WIN64XP

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFkdXJh?=, May 21, 2005

  2. Madura <> wrote in:

    > Please let me know of any 64bit native antivirus program that is
    > available in the market.

    There are several, I belive ClamWin, Avast and McAfee have all released
    64 bit versions along with some others. I believe there will be more
    along soon.

    I can't recommend any as I've not tried them all but I think there are
    some here who can tell you which works best.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>

    David R. Norton MVP, May 21, 2005

  3. I have tried Mcafee and looked at ca-etust as well, but both are 32 bit
    software that are compatible with win64 and are not native 64bit software.
    They do the work for now because there are minute number of 64bit viruses at
    the moment. However the 64bit viruses will increase in number very soon and
    that is why I am looking for a native 64bit antivirus software

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFkdXJh?=, May 21, 2005
  4. Trend have replied that they are working on a version of PC Cillin Internet
    Security 2005, but release date is unknown. (Bu**er, I have a 10 license
    package too)

    Symantic/Norton Antivirus Corporate Ver 10 has the client application for
    x64 platform since march 2005.
    Problem is they only sell minimum 10 user.

    I guess that if you feel it's reasonable, you could do as I do and buy a
    single pc version of their latest product to get a valid license, and later
    update it.
    Meantime, if you know how, search for "pzh-sace10" on the
    alt.binaries.cd.image newsgroups and use the x64client.

    Quote from the included readme file

    64-bit support

    Antivirus client is the only feature that is supported
    The antivirus client provides antivirus and security risk protection for
    clients and servers, and is the only feature supported for this release. All
    other components, products, and tools are not supported.

    LiveUpdate is the only virus definitions files update method supported
    LiveUpdate is the only virus definitions files update method supported. All
    other update methods, including the Virus Definition Transport Method, are
    not supported.

    =?Utf-8?B?UmF5TQ==?=, May 21, 2005
  5. Madura wrote:
    > I have tried Mcafee and looked at ca-etust as well, but both are 32
    > bit software that are compatible with win64 and are not native 64bit
    > software.

    CA has a native x64 version of eTrust. We use it internally at Microsoft.

    Regards,

    --
    Christophe Lauer - Relations Techniques Editeurs de Logiciels
    Division Développeurs et Plateforme d'Entreprise - Microsoft France

    Christophe Lauer [MS], May 21, 2005
  6. Madura <> wrote:
    > Please let me know of any 64bit native antivirus program that is
    > available in the market.
    >
    > Thank you.

    I'm using avast for x64 without troubles

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 21, 2005
  7. http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/products/products.cfm?ProductID=155

    The free one

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta