    to do?

    TIA
    Jefe
    jefe, Nov 12, 2005

  2. I worked fine for me. You would have the problem you describe if you tried
    to install x64 in the same partition as x86. Obviously that would not be
    the case when installing on a second drive. Just make sure that you are
    selecting the second drive when the installer asks where you want to install
    x64.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 12, 2005

  3. jefe

    jefe Guest

    I did and it installed, but would not boot with the 64 option. 64 runs
    fine on my system alone. it is not compatible with just about everything i
    have. i went back to media edition. when trying to run it on a second
    drive. no luck.

    jefe, Nov 12, 2005
  4. Lets make something clear, is this "second drive" a partition? Could list
    some the software and hardware products you have encountered incompatibility
    with? We might be able to direct you to appropriate updates or work arounds?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 12, 2005
  5. jefe

    jefe Guest

    Sorry,
    It's a second hard drive.

    jefe, Nov 12, 2005
  6. Is it a SATA drive? What is your mobo?

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 12, 2005
  7. If its a SATA Drive as Colin mentioned you will need to load the F6 Drivers
    during the text based part of setup. You are most likely to find drivers for
    it on http://www.planetamd64.com when you register.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 12, 2005
  8. jefe

    jefe Guest

    Not sata

    jefe, Nov 12, 2005
  9. jefe

    John Barnes Guest

    How many times do you have to be asked for details about your system. Do
    you want to get help or just play posting.
    In addition to the information asked for by Andre, what procedure did you
    use to install x64. Did you make any BIOS changes (changes to boot order),
    unplug any drives. At what point of the install did you get the ntldr
    missing message, after text, after gui when you get to the final boot?
    Lastly, when you finish and boot to x86, look in computer management and
    see what your system drive is, do you have an ntldr file on both drives or
    on which drive. What size is the file and creation date
    Please provide the above information and maybe someone can help solve your
    problem.

    John Barnes, Nov 12, 2005
  10. jefe

    John Barnes Guest

    To save time while you are at it, how do you have your drives set up. ie.
    x86 primary master x64 primary slave or possibly, x86 primary master and
    x86 secondary master. Do they show up properly durning POST

    John Barnes, Nov 13, 2005
  11. jefe

    jefe Guest

    thanks,

    just got running

    neglected to put x32 in the boot ini

    sometimes i forget the simple thing rather than just assume such complex
    problems. you kinda like thinking you lost your key before checking the
    other pocket. i'm sure you know what i mean.

    jefe, Nov 13, 2005
  12. Glad everythings in order now. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 13, 2005