    I just ordered a new laptop and was wondering what the differnece is between
    32-Bit and 64-Bit and how to tell which I have.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?VFNP?=, Jul 23, 2007

  2. TSO wrote:

    >This might seem like a stupid question...but
    >
    >I just ordered a new laptop and was wondering what the differnece is
    >between
    >32-Bit and 64-Bit and how to tell which I have.
    >
    >Thanks

    If it's got a Core 2 Duo, Turion, Turion X2 or Athlon 64 in it, it's
    64-bit capable.

    Pentium M, Core Solo and Core Duo are 32-bit only processors.

    If you're not sure what's inside, you need to load and run CPU-Z (Google
    will get you there), which will identify your processor and its
    capabilities for you.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jul 24, 2007

  3. Thank you...so im guessing that 64-bit is better than 32-bit? What are the
    benefits?

    =?Utf-8?B?VFNP?=, Jul 24, 2007
  4. TSO:
    This article, written by Charlie Russel (MVP), might help you
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl..._XP_Professional_x64_Edition_Right_for_Me.doc

    BTW, CPU-Z can be downloaded here:
    http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 25, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VFNP?=

    Lam Chan Chi Guest

    I run Vista Ultimate 64 on few computers. I find that on some computers,
    there is error when attach 4 harddisk in Vista Ultimate 32 and WinXP, but in
    Vista Ultimate 64, it is ok. There is error on some computers when the total
    storage is greater than 512G in Vista Ulimate 32 and WinXP, but in Vista
    Ultimate 64, it is ok. Vista Ulimate 64 is very good on dual PCI-Express
    motherboard. I put a DirectX 9 display card and DirectX10 display card. In
    games, there is 3D effect. In Vista Ultimate 32 and WinXP, 3D object is just
    like a piece of paper hanging around. But in Vista Ulimate 64, you can feel
    a real 3D person is display at front of other background. When playiung
    HDDVD with powerdvd ultra, there is also 3D effect. When playing dvd with
    Windows Media Centre, the quality better than Vista Ultimate 32 and WinXP.
    But dvd with Powerdvd ultra, the quality is not good. You cannot such
    quality with SLI or Crossfire display card computer even in Vista Ultimate
    64.

    Lam Chan Chi, Jul 30, 2007