64-bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?cm1hdDY2?=, Feb 20, 2007.

  1. how do i know if my computer can work with 64-bit?
    =?Utf-8?B?cm1hdDY2?=, Feb 20, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cm1hdDY2?=

    BSchnur Guest

    > how do i know if my computer can work with 64-bit?

    You can ask questions here -- but lead off by posting the full system
    configuration AND peripherals that you work with.

    --
    Barry Schnur
    BSchnur, Feb 20, 2007

  3. intel viiv processor, 2.8ghz, 2GB ram, 250Gb hdd
    use with hp 2610 all in one printer.

    =?Utf-8?B?cm1hdDY2?=, Feb 20, 2007
  4. 256mb nvidia geforce 6800 card

    =?Utf-8?B?cm1hdDY2?=, Feb 20, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?cm1hdDY2?=

    BSchnur Guest

    Not sure of the 'viiv' designation for the Intel processor - might be a
    32 bit version. I don't know that you see advantages in that
    configuration.

    One driver issue that pops out (for now) is the HP all in one.

    At this point there is not a full feature driver in Vista (32 or 64
    bit) for the all in one. You'd have printer support with native Vista
    drivers.

    --
    Barry Schnur
    BSchnur, Feb 20, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?cm1hdDY2?=

    mikeyhsd Guest

    check your system properties.
    I use Windows Key + Pause/break keys.

    @sport.rr.com

    mikeyhsd, Feb 21, 2007
  7. rmat66 wrote:
    > how do i know if my computer can work with 64-bit?

    CPUZ?

    --
    iTech Consulting Co., Ltd.
    Specialized in providing ePOS solutions
    Man-wai Chang, Feb 21, 2007
  8. intel viiv (dual core)

    =?Utf-8?B?cm1hdDY2?=, Feb 21, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?cm1hdDY2?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    "Viiv" is a marketing name like "Centrino." It's not a kind of CPU.
    We still need to know what kind of CPU it is to determine if it supports
    64-bit. (I've seen both Core Duo and Core 2 Duo with "Viiv," the latter
    would work but the former would not...)

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Feb 21, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?cm1hdDY2?=

    BSchnur Guest

    > "Viiv" is a marketing name like "Centrino." It's not a kind of CPU.
    > We still need to know what kind of CPU it is to determine if it supports
    > 64-bit. (I've seen both Core Duo and Core 2 Duo with "Viiv," the latter
    > would work but the former would not...)

    OK -- gotcha -- thanks

    --
    Barry Schnur