    Anybody else having similar problems with 32 Bit Office products and 64 Bit
    XP Pro ?

    Any help is appreciated

    Charley Andreasen, Jun 29, 2005

  2. We've heard some reports of issue with Office XP, but others have reported no
    problems, once they disabled the no execute bit. I know Office 2003 installs
    just fine.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Charley Andreasen

    Don Awalt Guest

    Yes I am using Office 2003 without a hitch...

    Don Awalt, Jun 29, 2005
  4. May be its DEP.
    Right click My Computer > Properties > Advance > Performance (settings)
    "Data Execution Prevention" tab, select "Turn on DEP for all programs and
    services except those I select::

    Install Office XP. after doing that.

    Right click My Computer > Properties > Advance > Performance (settings)
    "Data Execution Prevention" tab, select "Turn on DEP for essential Windows
    programs and services only".

    Also ensure you have that update to Windows Installer 3.1
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 29, 2005
  5. I install the same without any Problem

    Peter Schade [IT-SE, CCNA], Jul 1, 2005
  6. Did you try my suggestion and also ensure that you have the latest version
    (update) of Windows Installer 3.1 installed?

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 1, 2005
  7. To be precise the poster is asking about Office XP rather than 2003. I
    still have a couple of Office XP SP3 installations, but I plan to use 2003
    on x64. I wouldn't think there would be issues with running Office XP.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 2, 2005
  8. There are people in here who are also running Office 2000 on x64.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 2, 2005