    Remote Desktop is enabled on all machines. The 64-bit box can RDC to other
    workstations, but other workstations can't RDC to it. Firewall is off,
    machine is pingable, and I can find no reason this shouldn't work.

    David L. West, Jan 12, 2007

  2. David L. West

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    I do this all the time and it works fine... Shouldn't be a 32-bit/64-bit
    issue.
    Only thing I can think of is, you did enable incoming remote desktop
    connections in the System control panel?

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Jan 12, 2007

  3. David L. West

    NuTCrAcKeR Guest

    it may also be necessary to enable RDP on all network interfaces. I ran into
    a problem once where I had it set to listen on a particular NIC, and then i
    replaced the NIC sometime later, and I couldnt RDP to the server.

    - NuTs

    NuTCrAcKeR, Jan 12, 2007
  4. Yep, that's what I meant by "Remote Desktop is enabled...". I also verified
    that it's listening on port 3389 via a "netstat -an" command.

    David L. West, Jan 12, 2007
  5. David L. West

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    What error do you get? Just something indicating that there is no machine
    at that address?

    Can you establish a telnet connection to the x64 machine on port 3389? Go
    to a command prompt and type
    telnet [x64 machine's address] 3389

    If the whole command window goes black, then the connection worked, but it
    if gives you a connection error, there is some network connectivity/firewall
    issue preventing you from connecting to the x64 machine and remote desktop
    will not work.

    Aaron Kelley, Jan 13, 2007
  6. Is your 64bit machine using an nvidia chipset? If so, please follow these
    instructions:
    ===
    Known Problem:
    Unfortunately, the built in nVidia firewall product appears to install at
    least some portion of itself even if you've never chosen to install it. And
    this appears to interfere with 32-bit programs. The solution is to install
    the firewall program if it isn't already installed, and then uninstall it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 13, 2007