    of DDR2 in my system.

    Thanks,

    Rick

    =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=, Oct 10, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    1. You will have to do a clean install to revert to 32-bit OEM. 2. You
    will not necessarily see all the ram, but you should have no problems. Some
    have experienced problems installing Vista with more than 2gig of ram, so if
    you have a problem, uninstall 2gig for the install and then put them back
    in. I know of no problems after the install has succeeded in having 4gig
    installed.

    John Barnes, Oct 10, 2007

  3. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929777 describes the problem.

    The hotfix is installed when the Vista updates from Windows Update applied,
    so Windows Update should be visited before the last 2GB of RAM are
    installed.

    Dominic Payer, Oct 10, 2007
  4. If I install Vista 64-bit with 4 gig of ram in the system, will I encounter
    that stop error during the install?

    I was going to say NO, but that MS KB article you linked to includes a 64
    bit version of the hot fix!?

    So will I encounter that stop error with 4 gig of ram, when I install the
    64-bit Vista?

    Many thanks in advance!

    =?Utf-8?B?YnJvY2NvbGliZWVm?=, Nov 6, 2007
  5. It depends whether your system meets the conditions specified in the
    knowledgebase article. Many systems need to be reduced to 2GB for the
    install, some will install fine with 4GB or more.

    The easiest way to avoid problems is to reduce the RAM to 2GB for the
    install. If you then apply all relevant Windows Updates the 929777 update
    will be applied. You can then replace all the RAM and carry on.

    The problem is seen most often on 64 bit systems because 32-bit systems
    cannot usually get full benefit from 4GB of RAM and anyone with more than
    4GB of RAM must use 64 bit anyway.

    Dominic Payer, Nov 6, 2007
  6. convert 64bit to 32bit

    I have HP vista 64 bit, I want to convert my HP vista from 64bit to 32 bit operating system I can't load the Autocad and Stad pro sofware in this 64bit operating system. can you please send the solution for this problem solve.
    Thanks
    Anandachidambaram

    Ric wrote:

    64 bit versus 32 bit RAM
    10-Oct-07

    Two questions:
    1)I have Vista 64 bit, I wanted to see if it could be converted or reloaded
    to the 32 bit with the OEM version I have, but from prior questions it seems
    that there is no way to convert the 64 bit versio to the 32 bit version,
    unless somebody knows a way.
    2) If I do reinstall and go with the 32 bit versioin, I have heard there is
    problems with that version supporting more than 2 GB of RAM, I now have 4 GB
    of DDR2 in my system

    Thanks

    Rick

    On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 8:10 AM
    Ric wrote:

    64 bit versus 32 bit RAM
    Two questions:
    1)I have Vista 64 bit, I wanted to see if it could be converted or reloaded
    to the 32 bit with the OEM version I have, but from prior questions it seems
    that there is no way to convert the 64 bit versio to the 32 bit version,
    unless somebody knows a way.
    2) If I do reinstall and go with the 32 bit versioin, I have heard there is
    problems with that version supporting more than 2 GB of RAM, I now have 4 GB
    of DDR2 in my system

    Thanks

    Rick

    On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 10:56 AM
    John Barnes wrote:

    1. You will have to do a clean install to revert to 32-bit OEM. 2.
    1. You will have to do a clean install to revert to 32-bit OEM. 2. You
    will not necessarily see all the ram, but you should have no problems. Some
    have experienced problems installing Vista with more than 2gig of ram, so if
    you have a problem, uninstall 2gig for the install and then put them back
    in. I know of no problems after the install has succeeded in having 4gig
    installed

    "Rick" <> wrote in message

    On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:08 PM
    Dominic Payer wrote:

    Re: 64 bit versus 32 bit RAM
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929777 describes the problem

    The hotfix is installed when the Vista updates from Windows Update applied,
    so Windows Update should be visited before the last 2GB of RAM are
    installed

    "John Barnes" <> wrote in message

    On Monday, November 05, 2007 10:59 PM
    broccolibee wrote:

    If I install Vista 64-bit with 4 gig of ram in the system, will I encounter
    If I install Vista 64-bit with 4 gig of ram in the system, will I encounter
    that stop error during the install

    I was going to say NO, but that MS KB article you linked to includes a 64
    bit version of the hot fix!

    So will I encounter that stop error with 4 gig of ram, when I install the
    64-bit Vista

    Many thanks in advance

    "Dominic Payer" wrote:

    On Tuesday, November 06, 2007 2:08 AM
    Dominic Payer wrote:

    It depends whether your system meets the conditions specified in the
    It depends whether your system meets the conditions specified in the
    knowledgebase article. Many systems need to be reduced to 2GB for the
    install, some will install fine with 4GB or more

    The easiest way to avoid problems is to reduce the RAM to 2GB for the
    install. If you then apply all relevant Windows Updates the 929777 update
    will be applied. You can then replace all the RAM and carry on

    The problem is seen most often on 64 bit systems because 32-bit systems
    cannot usually get full benefit from 4GB of RAM and anyone with more than
    4GB of RAM must use 64 bit anyway

    "broccolibeef" <> wrote in message

    ..NET Compact Framework Kill All Programs
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...c0-6040a0f54209/net-compact-framework-ki.aspx

    ananda chidambaram, Nov 29, 2009
  7. Re: convert 64bit to 32bit

    This is a very old thread, and it's on a newsgroup, not some "forum". That
    being said, if you got the copy of Vista as an OEM version from HP, then
    your only answer is to buy the 32-bit version, since the OEM version is
    bit-specific. If you have a retail version of the software, you can order
    the alternate disk from Microsoft. If you have to buy a version, I strongly
    suggest getting Win7. In many ways, I like it a good deal better than Vista,
    and since you're going to have to do a complete, full, clean install, you
    might as well move to Win7.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 29, 2009
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=

    Bo Persson Guest

    Re: convert 64bit to 32bit

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > This is a very old thread, and it's on a newsgroup, not some
    > "forum". That being said, if you got the copy of Vista as an OEM
    > version from HP, then your only answer is to buy the 32-bit
    > version, since the OEM version is bit-specific. If you have a
    > retail version of the software, you can order the alternate disk
    > from Microsoft. If you have to buy a version, I strongly suggest
    > getting Win7. In many ways, I like it a good deal better than
    > Vista, and since you're going to have to do a complete, full, clean
    > install, you might as well move to Win7.

    Just want to add that, depending on where you buy it, HP can mean
    either Hewlett-Packard or Home Premium. :)

    I have recently installed a Windows 7 HP Upgrade on my Dell machine.
    Guess what HP means there!

    Agree with everything else - go for Win 7 if you have to reinstall
    anyway.

    Bo Persson

    Bo Persson, Nov 29, 2009