    does anyone know when it will be available?
    --
    Ctrl+Alt+Del

    =?Utf-8?B?VGVjaEtub3c=?=, Oct 12, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGVjaEtub3c=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You will have to re-install xp. I would recommend highly that you dual
    boot in the interim if you have any doubts, and you should. There will
    never be a full (retail), just a full (OEM)
    You can use the Files and Transfer wizard to backup your current
    configuration. Or use a backup to image the whole system.

    John Barnes, Oct 12, 2005

  3. Yes, you will have to reinstall Windows XP if don't get the full version
    after the 180 days is up. If you do get XP x64, you do a repair upgrade from
    the trial and retain your current settings and data you might have created
    while using the the trial. What you could is is create a temporary partition
    for XP x64, and install XP x64 while keeping back XP Home.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 12, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VGVjaEtub3c=?=

    Leo Guest

    TechKnow wrote:
    > if i install the 64 bit trial edition will i have to re-install xp after the
    > 180 days is up, or will it automatically return to the xp.
    > also will i have to back up my current config as i only have xp home edition.

    /*Install X64 on a different partition so that you can have "dual boot"./
    > I am in the UK, and 64 bit isn't available over here yet as a full O/S, yet
    > does anyone know when it will be available?

    /*In UK, there are many places where you can buy X64 OEM right now,
    here are few places to check:
    www.ebuyer.com
    www.savastore.com
    and many more if you spend time searching the web.
    Good luck........
    /

    Leo, Oct 12, 2005
  5. Careful -- you need the updated version of FSTW _before_ you get rid of your
    old configuration. :)
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/09/02/65120.aspx

    --
    Charlie.