    compatible with Windows Tablet PC edition? Or is this for 32 bit
    systems only?

    , Jun 26, 2007

  2. Theo Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/tabletpc/evaluation/about.mspx

    What is a Tablet PC?

    Computers powered by the Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
    operating system, and equipped with a sensitive screen
    designed to interact with a complementary pen, are called
    Tablet PCs. Tablet PCs are fully-functional laptop PCs and
    more. You can use the pen directly on the screen just as you
    would a mouse to do things like select, drag, and open
    files; or in place of a keyboard to handwrite notes and
    communication. Unlike a touch screen, the Tablet PC screen
    only receives information from a special pen. It will not
    take information from your finger or your shirt sleeve—so
    you can rest your wrist on the screen and write naturally.

    By interacting directly with the screen, rather than with a
    mouse and keyboard, the PC becomes more comfortable and easy
    to use. There is no need to find a flat space on which to
    use your PC, nor does a vertical screen become a dividing
    wall between you and the person with you whom you are
    meeting. What's more, a Tablet PC can even be used while
    standing up, which is perfect for professionals on the move
    such as doctors, foremen, and sales managers.

    Theo, Jun 26, 2007

  3. Theo Guest

    Along with the options typically provided by a conventional
    laptop, Tablet PCs are certain to include:
    • Mid- to high-end processors that are optimized for mobile
    computing
    • High memory capacity for most computing needs
    • High capacity hard drive storage space
    • Built-in 802.11b and/or 802.11g modem for wireless and
    networking connectivity
    • Tablet PC-compatible electronic pen
    • Tablet PC-compatible digitizer screen

    Theo, Jun 26, 2007
  4. What brand and model of Tablet PC?

    The Tablet PC specification is quite specific on a lot of different fronts.
    There is no reason an AMD64 processor wouldn't work just fine running XP
    Tablet PC Edition - the Turion runs 32-bit Windows just fine. But that
    doesn't answer whether your "tablet" is actually a Tablet PC. If it is, then
    it should have shipped with Tablet PC Edition alreadly loaded. (You'll
    notice that there's no retail version of the Windows XP Tablet PC Edition.
    It's OEM only.)

    Finally, there is full support for Tablet features in Business and Ultimate
    versions of Windows Vista 64bit. But again, you need to meet the overall
    specs of a Tablet PC.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64