    quick and responsive as my old 486 PC :-(
    Any suggestions appreciated.
    Marcus

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFzYW5jbXQ=?=, Sep 25, 2006

  2. I have no knowledge about this particular motherboard, but you should be
    able to download 64-bit drivers for the 865 chipset off of the Intel site.
    Make sure you know which motherboard chipset is in use, and then grab the
    drivers. That would be the starting point.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 26, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TGFzYW5jbXQ=?=

    Nut Cracker Guest

    >I have no knowledge about this particular motherboard, but you should be
    >able to download 64-bit drivers for the 865 chipset off of the Intel site.
    >Make sure you know which motherboard chipset is in use, and then grab the
    >drivers. That would be the starting point.

    are there 64bit celerons?

    Nut Cracker, Sep 26, 2006
  4. I honestly don't know. But I'm assuming there are, since there are certainly
    64bit entry level processors in the AMD line.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 26, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TGFzYW5jbXQ=?=

    Jane C Guest

    I *think* that the Celeron D series are 64 bit.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :)

    Jane C, Sep 26, 2006
  6. On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 22:53:06 +0100, Lasancmt
    <> wrote:

    > I probably should have known better than to ask advice in the PC World
    > shop,
    > but I specifically told them I wanted to build a 64 Bit Computer to try
    > out
    > XP 64 bit and later Vista. They recommended the 865PE-A7 Elite
    > Motherboard
    > and a Celeron processor, but the Installation CD won't even start and
    > installing the individual drivers just gave loads of error messages. I
    > now
    > have audio, but the system seems slow, esspecially internet pages and on
    > Starting each profile a program called CLI.EXE gives an ominous error
    > messages . What are the next steps to get this 3 GHZ 64 bit system to
    > be as
    > quick and responsive as my old 486 PC :-(
    > Any suggestions appreciated.
    > Marcus

    You don't say which Celeron you have, but I don't think any of the Celeron
    chips support EMT-64.

    If you can get a CPU code of the side of the box, we maybe able to advise
    better...

    Mark Gillespie, Oct 2, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TGFzYW5jbXQ=?=

    Jane C Guest

    Some processors in the Celeron D series have EM64T support.

    Jane C, Oct 3, 2006