    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Alan

    AlanM, Jan 19, 2008

  2. This is as it should be. The Program Files folder is for 64-bit programs
    and the Program Files (x86) folder is for 32-bit programs. Don't try to
    direct these yourself. The iTunes64Setup is simply compatible with 64-bit
    systems but is not necessarily itself a 64-bit program. A program like
    Roxio Easy Media Creator may have to have one or more 64-bit components,
    such as a device driver, to be compatible with 64-bit systems but still
    itself be a 32-bit program. Don't be concerned.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 19, 2008

  3. AlanM

    Graham Guest

    AlanM wrote:
    > I have the 64 bit version of Vista Ultimate but when I install the 64 bit
    > itunes (iTunes64Setup) the install goes to the Program Files (x86) folder and
    > in the TaskManager is displayed as a 32 bit application (*32). I have the
    > same issue with avast! antivirus.
    >
    > Is it possible that the application is actually the 64 bit version, but just
    > getting directed to the wrong install folder (and thus showing up with *32 in
    > the taskmanager)? I am not familiar with how to look at a dll or an exe to
    > tell if it is 32 bit or 64 bit and it doesn't appear to be a property that is
    > displayed.

    The only thing about iTunes that needs to be 64-bit are the CD-burning
    drivers. The rest of it (just like most of Avast) is 32-bit. There's no
    advantage for a small application like iTunes to be a native 64-bit
    application.

    Graham, Jan 22, 2008
  4. AlanM

    AlanM Guest

    Thanks Colin. I was confusing myself (thought I had seen avast running in
    64 bit mode previously.)

    Alan

    AlanM, Jan 23, 2008
  5. That will be news! I beleive Avast does have components that have to be
    64-bit and you may have seen that.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 23, 2008