64 bit processor

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=, Sep 22, 2007.

  1. I am building a gaming computer using a amd64 x2 duel core processor and I
    would like to know if i should use the 64 bit vista os .
    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=, Sep 22, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

    S.SubZero Guest

    This will depend heavily on the games you intend to play, and the
    amount of RAM and other components you plan to use.
    S.SubZero, Sep 22, 2007

  3. Steve:
    You can install Vista x64 but the real question is whether you should or not.
    You will have to do your homework by checking the websites of the games you
    intend to run on it and see if they are Vista x64 compatible or there are
    patches/updates that make the game playable.
    Most of the new games run with no problems but you may experiment some
    issues with older games.
    Then again, do your research before jumping into conclusions.
    Also make sure that your graphic card will have the muscle to deal with
    those games.
    Also take into account that 1 gigabyte of system RAM is the absolute minimum
    for gaming pleasure.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 22, 2007
  4. not to mention that there is the orig win64 that has been out for a bit and
    may have more support (drivers,etc) personally i wouldnt buy vista until
    service pack 1 for vista comes out!
    --
    rf

    =?Utf-8?B?cmljOTI2?=, Sep 22, 2007
  5. Actually, driver support for Vista is a bit better in some ways than XP x64.
    For gaming? I'd use Vista.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 23, 2007
  6. does not supprise me, i'm lnot a gammer and was dissapointed when win64 didnt
    catch on, microsoft is still trying to get rid of the orig limitations of
    dos, i have a copy of win64 and a amd laptop but just never got around to
    installing it, but bill is pushing vista so that is where the driver support
    will be, it always goes back to the
    HCL list!
    --
    rf