    If you are bored you can play freecell there.
    In a 64-bit era of DVD sized OS's this seems like a miracle.
    Carlos
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 21, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    S.SubZero Guest

    People with computers that can run 64-bit OS's still have floppy
    drives?

    I haven't owned a floppy drive in almost 10 years.

    Do they have it on punch cards too?
    S.SubZero, Apr 21, 2007

  3. I have two 64bit computers, one an AMD64 x2 4400+ and one a Core 2 Duo
    E6600, and I ordered each of them with a floppy drive because I still find
    uses for floppies, especially with legacy Windows operating systems that I
    run under VPC.

    Colin Barnhorst, Apr 21, 2007
  4. SubZero:
    That was not my point.
    These guys have managed, in the era of Gigabyte OS's, to squeeze a mimum
    functionality 64-bit OS on a single floppy.
    My point was regarding the size and not the media.
    Machine language programming is still alive.
    Give this OS a try, if you can borrow a floppy drive :)
    and you will be surprised how many things can be achieved still with a few
    of bytes.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 21, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Guest

    On Apr 21, 1:19 pm, "Colin Barnhorst" <> wrote:
    > I have two 64bit computers, one an AMD64 x2 4400+ and one a Core 2 Duo
    > E6600, and I ordered each of them with a floppy drive because I still find
    > uses for floppies, especially with legacy Windows operating systems that I
    > run under VPC.
    >
    > "S.SubZero" <> wrote in message

    > > People with computers that can run 64-bit OS's still have floppy
    > > drives?

    > > I haven't owned a floppy drive in almost 10 years.

    > > Do they have it on punch cards too?

    If you have nvidia software RAID, you need to load the drivers via
    floppy. You press f6 to request to load the drivers.

    Speaking of obsolete hardware, I did a system restore lately, trying
    to clear up the problems I'm having with photoshop. Techically, I did
    a system "repair", but will probably do a system rebuild since the
    repair isn't fixing the problem. Anyway, during the install, I get to
    a point where the program pops up a window and asks for an ATI driver.
    The window gives you the opportunity to find it on the hard drive.
    Unfortunately, the USB gets locked, so I can't interface with the
    window. The mouse locks up as well, so I assume it is a USB problem.
    Luckily I had a PS2 keyboard handy and was able to get that keyboard
    to work with the window. Since PS2 isn't hot swap, it cost me quite a
    bit of time since I had to start from scratch after powering down to
    insert the keyboard.
    , Apr 22, 2007