    From: "David" <>
    Subject: Re: 64-bit NVTweak or Coolbits
    Date: 24 June 2005 4:13 AM

    Nope on the firewall. My card is a Gigabyte 6600.

    DKI, Jun 24, 2005

  2. DKI

    Peter Lawton Guest

    All the Nvidia drivers for quite a while have included an overclock utility,
    but it's hidden

    You need to add a registry entry:-

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvTweak]
    "CoolBits"=dword:00000003

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Jun 24, 2005

  3. DKI

    David Guest

    Still doesn't work, this is really annoying me!

    David, Jun 24, 2005
  4. DKI

    Peter Lawton Guest

    Strange, works great here with Gforce 6600 and 7.7.7.2 x64 drivers

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Jun 25, 2005
  5. DKI

    Drew Boillot Guest

    Try http://www.guru3d.com/
    99% of the comapnys that use NV chips don't write there own drivers, I doubt
    MSI is in the 1% that does, they more then likely have a driver set that
    they tested and modified for use with there boards, for one reason or
    another, (problabley to better intergrate in to thier 3rd party software,
    such as the OC utlity.

    Check out the website, some versions of the NV Det/Forceware drivers have
    the overclock disabled (compleatly written out) they useally have it stated
    on the site.

    Drew Boillot, Jun 27, 2005