    Does anyone know if there is a 64 bit Newsreader for Windows 7 64 bit?

    My old 32 bit Reader is slow.

    John

    Turtle, Aug 16, 2010

  2. Turtle

    Paul Guest

    I use Windows Live Mail.
    Paul

    Paul, Aug 16, 2010

  3. Turtle

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Turtle.

    Which newsreader are you using?

    As the others have said, here and in the other NG where you posted your
    question, there are no 64-bit newsreaders yet - and there may never be any.
    Well, some day, all software will migrate to 64-bit, I suppose, just as it
    migrated to 16-bit and then to 32-bit. But because of the relatively
    low-tech job a newsreader does, there probably would be no advantage in a
    64-bit over a 32-bit newsreader.

    There are dozens of good newsreaders available now, so please don't feel
    that you are stuck with the one you have! Tell us what you have and you
    will likely get LOTS of advice (both good and bad). It might help if you
    also tell us about your hardware.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    Windows Live Mail 2010 (15.3.2804.0607) in Win7 Ultimate x64

    R. C. White, Aug 16, 2010
  4. Turtle

    Steve Foster Guest

    R. C. White wrote:

    > Which newsreader are you using?

    According to his message headers, he's using Thunderbird.

    --
    Steve Foster
    For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:

    Steve Foster, Aug 16, 2010
  5. Turtle

    Peter Lentzy Guest

    I have Mesnews from France, which works in many languages and fast and
    also under 64-bit-Windows7. google it.

    Greetings Peter

    --
    (Peter Lentzy, Gera, Germany)

    Peter Lentzy, Aug 17, 2010
  6. Turtle

    XS11E Guest

    Peter Lentzy <> wrote:

    > I have Mesnews from France, which works in many languages and fast
    > and also under 64-bit-Windows7. google it.

    AFAIK every 32 bit Windows newsreader works under 64 bit Windows.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:

    XS11E, Aug 17, 2010