    Anyone know when (or if) Nero is going 64-bit? I kind of liked the InCD
    module for creating quick backups and miss it in xp-64.

    Thanks!

    Dennis Mueller, Apr 3, 2006

  2. No word on native support for Windows XP Professional 64-bit.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 3, 2006

  3. And to tell you the truth, I am seriously unimpressed with Nero 7. What a
    PITA to use. I'm going back to 6.x - it worked just fine, and it had far
    less [waste products] with it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 4, 2006
  4. Yes, I had 7 installed, the only thing I saw of value was this DVD playing
    software, Nero Show I think, a friend burnt some videos for me and Nero Show
    was the only software that would play it. But, there is nothing else of much
    value, 6.6 is working just fine.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 4, 2006
  5. Dennis Mueller

    Frank Guest

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
    > Yes, I had 7 installed, the only thing I saw of value was this DVD playing
    > software, Nero Show I think, a friend burnt some videos for me and Nero Show
    > was the only software that would play it. But, there is nothing else of much
    > value, 6.6 is working just fine.

    Strange how almost everyone is complaining about Nero 7 and Roxio 8, the
    latest releases from both companies.
    I tried both and seems both companies are trying to deliver the "kitchen
    sink' when all we really want is just great burning software.
    I went back to Roxio 7.
    Frank

    Frank, Apr 4, 2006
  6. I wonder if they ever actually _listen_ to the community? Apparently not,
    from all indications. I don't give a darn about all that fancy stuff they
    keep adding. I just want something that will reliably burn DVDs and burn
    images. If ISO Recorder did DVD, I'd be a happy camper.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 4, 2006
  7. Dennis Mueller

    Frank Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > I wonder if they ever actually _listen_ to the community? Apparently not,
    > from all indications. I don't give a darn about all that fancy stuff they
    > keep adding. I just want something that will reliably burn DVDs and burn
    > images. If ISO Recorder did DVD, I'd be a happy camper.

    Yep!
    Frank

    Frank, Apr 4, 2006
  8. And it does, in Vista, BTW. (Alex piggybacks on underlying support in the OS
    for what he does, rather than writing his own driver. XP has no support for
    writing DVDs, thus no support in XP for ISO Recorder writing to DVDs.
    Bummer, but there it is.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 4, 2006
  9. I agree that ISO Burning should be built into the OS, its just a logical
    step I think. But probably its best left as an add-on, they probably have
    done some studies to show that not a lot of persons are using such a tool to
    justify bundling with the operating system.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 5, 2006
  10. "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote in

    > I agree that ISO Burning should be built into the OS,

    Absolutely positively NOT! Microsoft has enough people suing them w/o
    adding Nero and Roxio and everyone else making burning software taking
    them to court.

    David R. Norton MVP, Apr 5, 2006
  11. >I thought Microsoft was immune to lawsuits and courts? ;)

    This must be a new use of the term "immune" I'm not familiar with. :eek:)

    Homer J. Simpson, Apr 5, 2006
  12. I thought Microsoft was immune to lawsuits and courts? ;)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 5, 2006
  13. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 5, 2006