64 bit mouses

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyeQ==?=, Nov 25, 2005.

  1. have any one got any info on what makes mouses work on 64 bit windows
    =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyeQ==?=, Nov 25, 2005

  2. Your mouse does not require a driver for basic operation under Windows x64,
    unless you are using brand that does such as Microsofts Intellipoint for
    example? The manufacturer is the best source for drivers.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 25, 2005

  3. Hi I have a microsoft Intellitype pro 5.2 keyboard and Intellipoint 5.2 mouse
    which i cant get to work on my system 64 bit any info please

    =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyeQ==?=, Nov 25, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyeQ==?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "gary" <> wrote in message
    > have any one got any info on what makes mouses work on 64 bit windows

    All Logitech products have 64 bit drivers, except their webcams.

    Bobby
    NoNoBadDog!, Nov 25, 2005
  5. No drivers are available those yet.

    Here is confirmation Tim got from Jason Tsang MVP in the hardware group:

    There will be a version of Intellipoint and Intellitype Pro compatible with
    the 64 bit version of windows in the winter/spring time frame (late 2005 or
    early 2006).
    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Charlie has a post which matches the early 2006 part
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/08/31/64772.aspx

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 25, 2005
  6. "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in

    > "gary" <> wrote in message
    >> have any one got any info on what makes mouses work on 64 bit
    >> windows

    > All Logitech products have 64 bit drivers, except their webcams.

    That would be nice if true, but there's no 64 bit driver for most
    Logitech mice and trackballs AFAIK.
    David R. Norton MVP, Nov 26, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyeQ==?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "David R. Norton MVP" <> wrote in message
    > "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in
    >

    >> "gary" <> wrote in message
    >>> have any one got any info on what makes mouses work on 64 bit
    >>> windows

    >> All Logitech products have 64 bit drivers, except their webcams.

    > That would be nice if true, but there's no 64 bit driver for most
    > Logitech mice and trackballs AFAIK.

    Setpoint drivers have been long avaialble.

    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1811,contentid=10757

    Here are the gaming drivers for x64:

    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1811,contentid=10442

    Don't know why you cannot find them. They exist. They work.
    I am using Logitech mice and marble mouse trackballs under x64 using the
    drivers.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Nov 27, 2005
  8. "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in

    > "David R. Norton MVP" <> wrote in
    > message news:Xns971A8455E16B7drnortonyahoocom@127.0.0.1...
    >> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in
    >>>
    >>> "gary" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> All Logitech products have 64 bit drivers, except their webcams.

    >> That would be nice if true, but there's no 64 bit driver for most
    >> Logitech mice and trackballs AFAIK.

    > Setpoint drivers have been long avaialble.

    And do not work with the majority of Logitech mice and trackballs.

    > Here are the gaming drivers for x64:
    >
    > http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=181
    > 1,contentid=10442
    >
    > Don't know why you cannot find them. They exist. They work.

    Because they're not there to find?

    Are you forgetting Logitech has been making mice and trackballs since
    before Windows 3.1? My mice and trackballs are relatively new but will
    not work with *any* available Logitech driver, they require MouseWare
    which does not have a 64 bit version and will not install in X64.
    Devices that require MouseWare will not work with SetPoint or the
    gaming drivers and that's the HUGE majority of mice and trackballs sold
    by Logitech over the years.
    David R. Norton MVP, Nov 27, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyeQ==?=

    > "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in
    >

    >> "David R. Norton MVP" <> wrote in
    >> message news:Xns971A8455E16B7drnortonyahoocom@127.0.0.1...
    >>> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in

    >>> That would be nice if true, but there's no 64 bit driver for most
    >>> Logitech mice and trackballs AFAIK.

    >> Setpoint drivers have been long avaialble.

    > And do not work with the majority of Logitech mice and trackballs.
    >
    >> Here are the gaming drivers for x64:
    >>
    >> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=181
    >> 1,contentid=10442
    >>
    >> Don't know why you cannot find them. They exist. They work.

    > Because they're not there to find?
    >
    > Are you forgetting Logitech has been making mice and trackballs since
    > before Windows 3.1? My mice and trackballs are relatively new but will
    > not work with *any* available Logitech driver, they require MouseWare
    > which does not have a 64 bit version and will not install in X64.
    > Devices that require MouseWare will not work with SetPoint or the
    > gaming drivers and that's the HUGE majority of mice and trackballs sold
    > by Logitech over the years.

    I have several Logitech mice...2 Marble mice, two basic black 2 button mice,
    and couple of higher end mice. I am using one of the trackballs and one of
    the black basic mice under x64.
    The black basic mouse works fine with the windows x64 drivers, and the
    trackball works either with or without the Setpoint drivers. Without
    Setpoint, it functions as a two button mouse. With Setpoint the other two
    buttons are enabled, as is chording, scroll lock and zoom. Altho the
    trackballs do not ship with setpoint, it works for them under x64. The
    trackballs use Mouseware under Windows XP Pro. I do not know why you cannot
    get yours to work.

    Bobby
    NoNoBadDog!, Nov 27, 2005
  10. "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in

    > I have several Logitech mice...2 Marble mice, two basic black 2
    > button mice, and couple of higher end mice. I am using one of
    > the trackballs and one of the black basic mice under x64.
    > The black basic mouse works fine with the windows x64 drivers,

    No, they do not. There is no third button function under the windows
    X64 drivers. If the mouse doesn't work as intended saying it "works
    fine" is not a correct statement, it doesn't work "fine", it doesn't
    work as it should!

    > the trackball works either with or without the Setpoint drivers.
    > Without Setpoint, it functions as a two button mouse.

    Again, totally and completely unacceptable, if it works as a two button
    mouse it does NOT work. That's like saying "the printer works fine
    except it doesn't print vowels."

    > With Setpoint the other two buttons are enabled,

    With Setpoint I completely lost my mouse and had to remove Setpoint to
    get it back!

    > I do not know why you cannot get yours to work.

    I believe we're defining "work" differently.

    There is a very fine utility that someone here pointed me to that
    restores middle button functionality but that's not a Logitech driver,
    I still believe your statement "All Logitech products have 64 bit
    drivers, except their webcams." to be incorrect and, worse, misleading.
    There is no 64 bit mouseware and there needs to be.
    David R. Norton MVP, Nov 27, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyeQ==?=

    Larry Hodges Guest

    "gary" <> wrote in message
    > have any one got any info on what makes mouses work on 64 bit windows

    I have the Razor Diamondback gaming mouse. 1,600dpi and a nice mouse. I'm
    very impressed. Drivers are specifically 64 bit and work great. I also do
    CAD, and the high dpi is great.

    http://www.razerzone.com/

    -Larry
    Larry Hodges, Nov 28, 2005