    details of the Free Download now being available to Beta Tester's,
    Otherwise, I would not be posting this information on a Public Newsgroup,
    just FYI.

    Kevin Panzke, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Yes, I've been using ISO Recorder for several months now. And we even had a
    thread on it a few weeks ago. It's a good piece of software and it works
    well. As does the 32-bit version in regular Windows, I might add.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 27, 2005

  3. Kevin Panzke

    mikey Guest

    glad it workes for you.
    have been trying for months to successfully burn a cd on XP-64.
    tried with 1812 and 1830.

    nothing seems to work. have tried nero and iso recorder.
    reduced burn speed downs to 4x.
    have tried cd r/w and cd -r.

    every one comes up either not bootable, or with file read errors.

    same computer multi boot to XP Pro 32 SP2 and the burns work fine.

    I use a
    Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1633s
    and memorex blanks

    mikey, Jun 27, 2005
  4. Kevin,

    I'm sorry to disappoint you but x64 is no longer in beta so you if you just
    downloaded the OS you are not a beta tester . What you probably did download
    was the trial version of x64 which will work for 120 days and is freely
    available from Microsofts website.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmVfYm9vdA==?=, Jun 27, 2005
  5. Kevin Panzke

    Rick Guest

    Re_boot,

    Read Kevin's post very carefully. He states downloaded the "free Beta
    Tester Copy." Microsoft has decided to give those that were registered
    Beta testers, and actively participated in reporting problems in the
    Beta, a FREE, fully function, RTM, copy of Windows XP Professional x64.

    That is what Kevin is talking about.

    Rick, Jun 27, 2005
  6. All Kevin had to say was "complimentary" copy of XP Pro x64.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 27, 2005
  7. Kevin Panzke

    Kevin Panzke Guest

    Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about. I Actively Beta Tested
    Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (32 Bit) during the Beta, so I was
    rewarded with a Free Full Copy Download of Windows XP X64 Edition (RTM) as a
    Thank You Gift from Microsoft.

    Kevin Panzke, Jun 27, 2005
  8. Kevin Panzke <> wrote:
    > Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about. I Actively Beta Tested
    > Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (32 Bit) during the Beta, so I was
    > rewarded with a Free Full Copy Download of Windows XP X64 Edition
    > (RTM) as a Thank You Gift from Microsoft.

    I'll download mine next week, when I'll be in Belgium, using a real pipe :)

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 27, 2005
  9. I thought that had something to do with a Bong for a sec! LOL!

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 27, 2005