    Is there a way to install 32 bit over top of 64 bit (without wiping the
    box). Also, is a 32 bit version avaiable on the 64 bit media?

    Thanks in Advance
    He1b, Oct 27, 2005

  2. Pascal wrote:
    It's important to understand which kind of DSN you have. On an x64 system,
    you can create an ODBC connection(DSN) on the 32-bit side of the system or
    on the 64-bit side of the system.

    32-bit applications will only see ODBC connections created in the 32-bit
    side, and 64-bits applications will only see ODBC connections from the
    64-bit side. Each kind of application has is own registry.

    To setup DSN for 32-bit application you must use:
    %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
    and for 64-bit application you must use:
    %WINDIR%\System32\odbcad32.exe

    There is not 32-bit edition of Windows XP on the XP Pro x64 media. Have you
    contacted Veritas about any future updates to support x64?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 27, 2005

  3. He1b

    He1b Guest

    Thanks for the reply. I used the ODBC connections in Adminsitrative
    tools, which I think is System32\odbcad32.exe. I removed my DSN
    entries there and executed SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe and added ti there.
    The connection tests successfully but I still get the same error in
    ASP. I've been working with Microsoft via e-mail but they are stumped.
    I've seen others have this issue online but no resolution. Is it
    possible that .ASP is not compatible with 64 bit?

    As for the 32 bit edition, I'm running Windows 2003 server, so I was
    thinking that there might be one there. I contacted Veritas, I would
    have to upgrade to version 10.0 on my servers to be compatible with 64
    bit.
    He1b, Oct 27, 2005
  4. I misinterpreted this part of your question, sorry:
    Is there a way to install 32 bit over top of 64 bit (without wiping the
    box).

    Its a clean install only if you want to move back to Server 2003 32 bit from
    64 bit Windows client or Server, I thought you were asking if 32 bit Windows
    also comes with x64, the answer is no. As for the .asp issue, I don't any
    knowledge on that, maybe some else can help out with. Have you posted a
    questions in asp.net forums about it? http://forums.asp.net/

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 27, 2005