    bit counterparts?

    --
    Don
    Don, May 23, 2008

  2. Don

    Mark H Guest

    Yes.
    The web is not ready for 64-bit, so many add-ons like Flash will not work.

    Otherwise, no.

    "Don" <> wrote in message
    > Hey gang,
    >
    > I am just curious, on your experience, with using 64 bit Internet

    Explorer,

    Mark H, May 23, 2008

  3. Don

    Carlos Guest

    There's also no Java support for IE 64-bit yet, only for IE 32-bit.
    I am not sure about the activeX controls, whether they would work or not.
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 23, 2008
  4. I don't think so because isn't that why WU requires 32bit IE?

    Colin Barnhorst, May 23, 2008
  5. I don't think the 'web' cares about 'bitness'. Sun, Macromedia and Mac
    obviously does - I suspect it is largely because of ActiveX?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 24, 2008
  6. Don

    Carlos Guest

    Ok, buddies.
    Time for both of you to learn something new.
    Try to view this page:
    http://www.upshot.com/login/javatest/logo/javavmtest.html
    in both IE-32 and IE-64.
    In IE-32 you will see a spinning (Java) triangle.
    In IE-64 you will see a red "x".
    See what I mean?
    There is no Java (Sun) support yet for IE-64.
    There exists Java x64 but it still doesn't support IE-64.
    :)
    Carlos
    noticias news:%...

    Carlos, May 24, 2008