    to update than ftp...

    Do adminstrators use ftp every day any more or not?

    inventor @ electricwindmillcar.com
    inventor1984, Dec 9, 2009

  2. inventor1984

    Dave Warren Guest

    Re: 64 bit FTP software and why did Microsoft leave out a FTP software out of all versions of win 7?

    In message
    <>
    inventor1984 <> was claimed to have
    wrote:

    >64 bit FTP software... and why did Microsoft leave out a FTP software
    >out of all versions of win 7?

    They didn't. IE/Explorer includes FTP for graphic users, ftp.exe still
    exists for command line users.

    >Do adminstrators use ftp every day any more or not?

    I'd guess that depends on what the aforementioned administrators are
    trying to accomplish.
    Dave Warren, Dec 9, 2009

  3. Dave Warren wrote:
    > In message
    > <>
    > inventor1984 <> was claimed to have
    > wrote:
    >
    >> 64 bit FTP software... and why did Microsoft leave out a FTP
    >> software out of all versions of win 7?

    > They didn't. IE/Explorer includes FTP for graphic users, ftp.exe
    > still exists for command line users.
    >
    >> Do adminstrators use ftp every day any more or not?

    > I'd guess that depends on what the aforementioned administrators are
    > trying to accomplish.

    You can also map a remote site in Explorer and transfer files just like
    you would with any drive/directory.

    --
    Crash

    English is not my native tongue; I'm an American.
    Dave \Crash\ Dummy, Dec 10, 2009
  4. inventor1984

    inventor1984 Guest

    Re: 64 bit FTP software and why did Microsoft leave out a FTPsoftware out of all versions of win 7?

    ok thanks please give me the command in run

    for ftp.exe to upload index.html to .networksolutions.com not
    the read name but close

    thanks

    Greg

    inventor @ electricwindmillcar.com

    inventor1984, Dec 10, 2009
  5. Ohmster wrote:
    > "Dave \"Crash\" Dummy" <> wrote in
    >
    >> You can also map a remote site in Explorer and transfer files just like
    >> you would with any drive/directory.

    > I just tried IE8 and yes, it works a treat for ftp as well as command line.
    > How do you map an explorer window to an FTP site though?

    Right click on "Computer" and select "Map network drive." At the bottom
    of the popup is an option to "Connect to a web site that you can use to
    store your documents and pictures." That will start the "Add network
    location wizard." Just read and follow the directions.

    Hint: If you want to access the remote site without logging in each time,
    include the username and password in the URL. For example,
    "ftp://username:p"

    --
    Crash

    "When you get to a fork in the road, take it."
    ~ Yogi Berra ~
    Dave \Crash\ Dummy, Dec 21, 2009