    --
    Chris Cowles
    Gainesville, FL
    Chris Cowles, Feb 22, 2008

  2. Chris Cowles

    Chris Cowles Guest

    "Chris Cowles" <> wrote in message
    news:%...

    > Do any vendors have 64-bit drivers for PCI wireless adapters? That
    > may prevent me from going to 64-bit. I think most of my other stuff
    > is ready.

    Specifically, I have a Linksys WMP54G and a Buffalo WLI2-PCI-G54S. The
    former says no 64-bit available and the latter says use Vista drivers,
    (at least for 32-bit). Does Vista x64 include drivers, making this a
    non-issue?
    --
    Chris Cowles
    Gainesville, FL
    Chris Cowles, Feb 22, 2008

  3. What would help is knowing the chipset involved. That is the determining
    factor. There are 64bit drivers for Atheros, for sure. If the Buffalo is an
    Atheros, it's likely OK. Though there were updated Atheros drivers posted on
    WU/MU for their a/b/g chipsets. Not sure about the g only.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 22, 2008
  4. Chris Cowles

    Ken Triebold Guest

    This one does.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166012&Tpk=N82E16833166012

    I have one installed on my Vista Home Premium 64 bit system. It is working
    like a charm. The driver was already in Vista so I didn't even have to use
    the installation disk. You can also download the Vista x64 driver from
    Rosewill's website.

    Ken Triebold, Feb 22, 2008
  5. Chris Cowles

    Chris Cowles Guest

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > What would help is knowing the chipset involved.

    How can I determine that?
    Chris Cowles, Feb 23, 2008
  6. Chris Cowles

    John Barnes Guest

    Look in the manual or read off the chipset on the PCI card.

    John Barnes, Feb 23, 2008
  7. Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 23, 2008