    do NOT have 64 bit drivers. The Operating system does not either, nor does
    Windows Update. The card is New, and works GREAT with my Windows XP 32 bit
    Home Edition. Can't install in The new 64 bit XP Pro! Help!

    =?Utf-8?B?QnVubnltYW4=?=, May 22, 2005

  2. What chipset does the card use? If you know the chipset, you may be able to
    find generic drivers that will work with it. But beyond that, you'll need
    64-bit drivers (the 32-bit ones will not work), and those will have to come
    from the manufacturer.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 22, 2005

  3. Re: 64 bit drivers for D-Link wireless network adapter model DWL-G

    I am not sure, but I think it uses Realtek chipset. I KNOW for a FACT that
    the Manufacturer does NOT have 64 bit drivers for it YET. Thanks Charlie! I
    guess it's going to be up to MSFT OR D-Link to provide the drivers. Oh well.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnVubnltYW4=?=, May 22, 2005
  4. Bunnyman got up from the bar and shouted: :
    > I want to ask if anyone has a solution to 64 bit drivers for a D-Link
    > wireless network adapter, Model: DWL-G510 rev.2 I have called D-Link and they
    > do NOT have 64 bit drivers. The Operating system does not either, nor does
    > Windows Update. The card is New, and works GREAT with my Windows XP 32 bit
    > Home Edition. Can't install in The new 64 bit XP Pro! Help!

    Learn a lesson, never buy Dlink products in the future, if friends ask
    about hardware, steer them away from these companies that think it's
    acceptable to not support their products. It's the only way to change
    the mindset of these manufacturers that think it's not important to look
    after their customers.

    I have a list of companies that will never get my business or
    recommendations.

    Dlink
    Creative Labs
    Epson
    Lexmark
    + others

    Mark Gillespie, May 22, 2005
  5. Re: 64 bit drivers for D-Link wireless network adapter model DWL-G

    Microsoft doesn't do the drivers, they _must_ come from the mfg. Now
    sometimes this means getting the drivers from the final mfg, but sometimes
    you can find generic ones for a particular chipset that will work adequately.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 23, 2005
  6. Re: 64 bit drivers for D-Link wireless network adapter model DWL-G

    I agree somewhat Mark, However, can YOU tell me a company that I can get a
    wireless card supported at? I mean, it will HAVE to have 64 bit drivers. If
    you kow, please tell me.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnVubnltYW4=?=, May 23, 2005
  7. Hi Mark,

    I don't know about Lexmark, they had drivers on their website ready in 2000
    after I upgraded to Windows 2000 Professional.
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 23, 2005
  8. Re: 64 bit drivers for D-Link wireless network adapter model DWL-G

    I guess, most of these company's mentioned are looking statistics, they want
    to ensure a large percentage of their customers have migrated to the
    platform before they think about investing in it.

    Andre Da Costa, May 23, 2005
  9. Re: 64 bit drivers for D-Link wireless network adapter model DWL-G

    Getting back to my issue, let me bottom line it. I want to use wireless
    network adapter in my 64 bit machine. Does anyone here know where I can get
    one that has 64 bit drivvers so I can install & use it? By the way, D- Link,
    Lexmark, etc. All are OK by me. It's juat liike Andre said, I guess they're
    looking at numbers. However, the Operating System IS out there in big
    numbers. So, somebody should at least have drivers for this type device. I
    hope. Soon.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnVubnltYW4=?=, May 23, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?QnVubnltYW4=?=

    Alessandro Guest

    Re: 64 bit drivers for D-Link wireless network adapter model DWL-G

    Just a question....I read your post but I have not understand if there are
    drivers for Dlink or not....please tell me somithing.

    Thank you.

    Alessandro, May 23, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?QnVubnltYW4=?=

    Chris Guest

    The Belkin F5D7001 802.11g wireless network card is working fine in my
    system. The card was recognized by X64 and shows up in device manager
    as a Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter. If I recall, I picked the card up
    at my local CompUSA.

    Chris, May 23, 2005
  12. Re: 64 bit drivers for D-Link wireless network adapter model DWL-G

    Thank You Chris! Finally an answer to my original question! thanks again!

    =?Utf-8?B?QnVubnltYW4=?=, May 23, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?QnVubnltYW4=?=

    anonymus Guest

    Hey guys this question has been answer many times in this forum, please
    search the posts before posting this questions and you will find your
    answer, somebody did post a `list of devices that work with x64, anyway the
    linksysWMP54GS works fine with x64, it has the Broadcom chipset.
    regards

    anonymus, May 23, 2005
  14. Re: 64 bit drivers for D-Link wireless network adapter model DWL-G

    Look at the drivers available on planetamd64.com, and make your decision
    about what card to buy based on that. I believe the only ones currently
    available are for Ralink chipset wireless.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 23, 2005
  15. Re: 64 bit drivers for D-Link wireless network adapter model DWL-G

    Bunnyman got up from the bar and shouted: :
    > I agree somewhat Mark, However, can YOU tell me a company that I can get a
    > wireless card supported at? I mean, it will HAVE to have 64 bit drivers. If
    > you kow, please tell me.

    Broadcom based cards should work OK in XP64.

    I had to sell my Dlink card on ebay, and picked up a Broadcom based
    Linksys 54G card.

    Works just fine.

    Mark Gillespie, May 25, 2005
  16. Re: 64 bit drivers for D-Link wireless network adapter model DWL-G

    Mark -- I haven't seen the broadcom drivers anywhere yet. Did you grab them
    directly from Linksys? Or were they built in and you didn't have to download
    them at all?

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 26, 2005