64 bit driver for Promise WinXP SATA 378 IDE controller ?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?c3RldmUgaC4=?=, Jun 12, 2005.

  1. Does anyone have a working 64 bit driver for the Promise WinXP SATA 378 IDE
    controller ? Thanks in advance.......Steve
    =?Utf-8?B?c3RldmUgaC4=?=, Jun 12, 2005

  2. No, only the RAID side has a driver at this point. Though some have reported
    that they could set up a single drive as a RAID array and use the Promise
    that way. The best place to check for drives is still www.planetamd64.com

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 12, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?c3RldmUgaC4=?=

    Mike Guest

    steve h. wrote:
    > Does anyone have a working 64 bit driver for the Promise WinXP SATA 378 IDE
    > controller ? Thanks in advance.......Steve

    If the M/B is an Asus K8V SE then try the one from Asus, it worked Ok
    for me as a single raid drive. Now bought a fourth drive, and had my
    upgrade go through, so I'm re-installing.
    Mike, Jun 12, 2005
  4. "steve h." <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone have a working 64 bit driver for the Promise WinXP SATA 378
    > IDE
    > controller ? Thanks in advance.......Steve

    Go here: http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=60000254 and scroll down
    to the Virtual address space. You will see that it is 256 TB.

    Wayne
    Wayne Wastier, Jun 21, 2005
  5. Oops, wrong thread. I hate it when my mouse jumps.
    Wayne Wastier, Jun 21, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?c3RldmUgaC4=?=

    NNBXX Guest

    Silly mouse, LOL !!! :)

    NNBXX, Jun 21, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?c3RldmUgaC4=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Well, at least your mouse jumps. Without support for Intellipoint, mine is
    so slow it takes forever to get across the page and refused to jump to the
    most appropriate response as in ' snap to '

    John Barnes, Jun 21, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?c3RldmUgaC4=?=

    DKI Guest

    have you tried the promise site. i have 2 IDEs on raid with the promise chip
    and the driver works,

    http://www.promise.com/support/file/driver/2_FastTrak S150 TX Series Windows Driver 1.00.0.25.zip

    give it a try, might or might not work.

    DKI, Jun 21, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?c3RldmUgaC4=?=

    DKI Guest

    Also forgot to add had before it went raid i had it on a single IDE before
    it went raid and it worked, as one single drive with the X64 driver.

    DKI, Jun 21, 2005
  10. That's the same one I'm using :)

    Julian Lord [PROneTworks], Jun 22, 2005