    to my code utilizing the Microsoft class libraries and templates (ex: ATL,
    MFC).

    Thanks in advance.

    Anthony LaMark, Feb 2, 2006

  2. If its Visual Studio 2005, you should be able to get help associated with
    porting applications to 64 bit from the following newsgroups:
    microsoft.public.vc.atl
    microsoft.public.vc.mfc

    Do you know of anyway to get some free books on learning C++ (2005 or 2003)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 2, 2006

  3. Hi Andre,

    Thanks but so far, I have not gotten a response on the
    microsoft.public.vc.atl newsgroup :-(. Regarding your question on book for
    C++, sorry, I don't know of any free books. If you go to any book store
    that has a computer section though, there are usually a ton about learning
    the different programming languages (also maybe in the public libraries).
    Sorry this may not be the answer you are looking for but again other than
    web sites that have introductions to programming languages, I don't know of
    any free books.

    Anthony LaMark, Feb 2, 2006
  4. Thanks for the info Anthony, here are some resourceful links I found that
    might help:

    Here is a link to Tricks for Porting Applications to 64-Bit Windows on AMD64
    Architecture
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winhec/partners/64bitAMD.mspx

    64-Bit Programming C++
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/using/building/64bit/default.aspx

    64-Bit .NET Framework Development Tools
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/programming/64bit/devtools/

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 2, 2006
  5. One other:

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 2, 2006
  6. Ah, and one guy who writes really well, is Bruce Eckel, he used to have some
    of his works available on-line. Some HTML, and some PDF, if I remember.
    First class! Can't remember the site right now, but his name is searchable.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 2, 2006
  7. There are a tonne of them for Visuall C++

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 2, 2006
  8. Hi,

    There is a msdn forum

    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=42&SiteID=1

    Ken
    ------------------

    Ken Tucker [MVP], Feb 3, 2006
  9. I think it is "Thinking In C++"
    very good books ! (1 & 2)

    Mike Gleason jr Couturier, Feb 4, 2006
  10. Yes, they really are!

    I've looked it up, and the site I was thinking about is

    mindview.net

    and there actually is a

    bruceeckel.com

    too that I had forgotten. He is one of the very few people on this planet
    that CAN bring the technicalities down on a personal level. Just as Petzold
    and Prosise do, but his aim is a bit different. Not better, but different.

    I also think Bruce may have been the first person writing about 'patterns',
    as relating to software development. He probably didn't invent the concept
    that has since turned into a 'buzzword', but he has certainly delivered a
    heavy blow, for it's recognition.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 5, 2006