    Now that 64-bit low-end processors is available from both Intel and AMD,
    what will Microsoft do?

    Yuhong Bao
    Yuhong Bao, Sep 10, 2005

  2. This does not affect Microsoft negatively, in fact it encourages stronger
    growth and acceptance of Windows XP Professional x64 plus more application
    being written for the platform.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 10, 2005

  3. Yuhong Bao

    Roy Coorne Guest

    Yuhong Bao schrieb:
    > Now that 64-bit low-end processors is available from both Intel and AMD,
    > what will Microsoft do?

    Enjoy the enhanced market - what else?

    r0y
    Roy Coorne, Sep 10, 2005
  4. what's the question? I'm sure MS is quite happy that these less expensive
    processors support x64. It will not change their licensing or distribution
    model. And, frankly, given the troubles we see here every day, I think they
    should tighten the distribution, not suddenly offer a retail home edition or
    some other nonsense.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 11, 2005
  5. Yuhong Bao

    Yuhong Bao Guest

    When 64 bit Windows will be popular for owners of 64-bit low-end processors?

    Yuhong Bao

    Yuhong Bao, Sep 11, 2005
  6. Not happy with the Vista Editions huh?

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 12, 2005
  7. Not worried about Vista -- that's a long way away, and things will be
    different by then. I'm just glad that what we have today is a somewhat
    limiting distribution scheme that keeps at least some of the casual folks
    away from x64 Edition.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 12, 2005
  8. More likely to be in Vista time frame since Microsoft is planning have all
    editions of Vista except for Starter Edition support both 32/64 bit
    architecture out of the box.

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 12, 2005
  9. Yuhong Bao

    MHPNW STAFF Guest

    Coming into next year in a few short months,
    Its looking to me like Vista is going to have more driver support from the
    venders that X64 will have.
    Making X64 like "NT" was to Windows 2000.

    MHPNW STAFF, Sep 12, 2005