64 bit Bluetooth Driver for Windows 7 -- Broadcom

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by mike, Sep 4, 2009.

  1. mike

    mike Guest

    I have a working driver for my 64 bit Windows 7....
    look here: http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

    G. Morgan, Sep 5, 2009

  3. mike

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 23:42:01 +0200, "mike" <> wrote:

    >I have a working driver for my 64 bit Windows 7....
    >look here: http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

    Thanks for the reply. It's not working though. The install program reads
    "This program can not update your software. Please contact the manufacturer
    of your Bluetooth device for support"

    I have HP Integrated module for BT installed and the MS Enumerator, both
    showing no problems in the device manager. But I can not connect to my phone
    like I could with Win7 -32b.

    It's an HP 6730s lappy.

    G. Morgan, Sep 7, 2009
  4. Do you have the software for your phone installed?

    Bobby Johnson, Sep 7, 2009
  5. mike

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 08:03:03 -0400, Bobby Johnson
    <> wrote:

    >Do you have the software for your phone installed?

    Yes, the newest one from Nokia. It worked with Vista (and I think maybe 32
    bit Win7 but not sure).

    I can't get anything to be discovered though, I right clicked the BT icon in
    the tray and searched for devices and I had 2 phones with BT on and visible,
    neither was detected.

    Funny thing is, the device manager shows all the BT drivers are "functioning
    properly".

    I just downloaded the XP mode virtual machine, maybe I'll try that next.

    G. Morgan, Sep 8, 2009
  6. mike

    cdonner Guest

    I have the exact same problem on my Lenovo T60p with Windows 7 64bit. I
    actually sees my Plantronics P590, but I when I try to pair, the devic
    is shown with an error. Windows then suggest to download the Broadco
    drivers. The installer starts up and then gives me the same error a
    above.
    Lenovo has no Windows 7 support (yet)

    --
    cdonne
    cdonner's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/135245.ht

    http://forums.techarena.i

    cdonner, Sep 14, 2009
  7. mike

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Try the Bluesoleil (http://www.bluesoleil.com/) demo.
    It has a wide range of drivers for bluetooth adapters.
    Download page
    http://www.bluesoleil.com/download/index.asp?topic=bluetooth-mobilephone-headset
    Carlos

    Carlos, Sep 14, 2009
  8. mike

    Dennis Pack Guest

    OT

    Carlos:
    Welcome back. I hope that you had a good vacation. Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4425 (20090914) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Dennis Pack, Sep 14, 2009
  9. mike

    Carlos Guest

    OT

    Thanks, Dennis!
    I am now violating my unpglugged/vacation status.
    I'll be back home tomorrow. Right now in Buenos Aires, boasting a caribbean
    skin tanning and at my daughter's house, borrowing her PC. I couldn't stand
    it any longer without peeking at our NG activity!
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Sep 15, 2009
  10. mike

    G. Morgan Guest

    G. Morgan, Sep 16, 2009
  11. mike

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    I certainly had to shell out those 20 euros in order to get it.
    The good news is that this software unlocks many features of the BT USB
    adapter, usually not available from the Windows vanilla drivers.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Sep 16, 2009
  12. mike

    G Holmes Guest

    The 64 bit drivers on the Broadcom website worked with Win 7 RC1 but will not
    install on the same PC now running RTM. I assume this is a driver version
    check with the install program which I guess will be resolved before
    commercial release.

    G Holmes, Sep 23, 2009
  13. When you installed the driver did you use the Vista SP2 compatibility
    mode? Windows 7 RTM has some underlying changes that rendered some
    programs incompatible and the manufacturers/vendors will have to make
    some minor changes as a result. Win 7 RTM is what will be released to
    the public.

    Bobby Johnson, Sep 23, 2009
  14. Here's what you need to do for both 32 bit and 64 bit systems:

    - Download the 'Windows Mobile Device Center' ( current version is 6.1
    ) which you can download it from
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/device-center-download.mspx
    ,this works for both Vista and Windows 7. I've tried it on both.

    - Install the downloaded software but it may not look like it worked on
    Windows 7 PCs. Vista automatically configures the settings on the
    bluetooth devices but for those who have Windows 7, here are the things
    you should do:

    - Go to 'Device Manager' from 'Control Panel' -Or- just right-click on
    Computer Icon and choose 'Properties' and then click on 'Device
    Manager'.

    - You'll see an 'Unknown Device' named 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device'

    - Right-Click it and click on "Update Driver Software" -Or- anyway you
    find it easy to bring up the Update driver window.

    - Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" button.

    - Click "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".

    - Select 'Bluetooth Radio' from the list if it asked you to select and
    then in the next window, it will show a list of drivers with Company
    Names in one list and Drivers in another. In the Company List choose
    'Microsoft Corporation', not only Microsoft.

    - From the drivers list there may be one or more drivers with the name
    "Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver versions.
    Select one or the latest.

    - Ignore any warnings and keep pressing next and then Finish at last.
    If all goes well, the last screen will show the message that device
    driver is successfully installed.

    Now, after manually updating the driver for your bluetooth device, in
    'Device Manager' when you click on 'Bluetooth Radios', it should display
    one more item which will say 'Windows Mobile-based device support'.

    There are few more things that you want to pay attention to. If you
    have already added the device in your 'bluetooth device list' that
    didn't work, then remove the device and add it again. After you add it,
    you might need to restart the computer if it gave you a connection
    problem error message.

    Every PCs that had Windows 7 and Vista worked after installing this
    software and I hope it will work for you too.

    Rajiv Singh Suwal
    Computer Engineer / Senior Software Architect

    --
    Rajiv Singh Suwal
    Rajiv Singh Suwal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/151094.htm

    Rajiv Singh Suwal, Nov 2, 2009
  15. mike

    jdfloresd Guest

    For Lenovo Thinkpads:

    Use the Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate Software II for Vista, that woked
    for me, sometime have some problems with the sound with my headset, but
    a turn off, and turn on of the bluetooth (physical), solves it, most of
    the time at least, sometimes I have to restart though.

    Go here:

    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70042

    From what I understand, the software from broadcom page is an update,
    not intended as first-time installer.