    Business to Ultimate). In looking at Microsoft's website, I can't determine
    if there are separate Anytime Upgrade packs for 32 and 64 bit systems or if
    each pack contains media for both.
    troutman, Apr 25, 2008

  2. troutman

    Mark H Guest

    Not sure what you mean by packaged software.

    WAU has always required that the DVD you use for the upgrade contain the WAU
    software. This is indcated on the DVD with the Windows Anytime Upgrade logo.
    This additionally means that you have purchased, at some point, a valid
    Vista license and have a Vista Installation DVD (32-bit or 64-bit.)

    The WAU "product" is an upgrade license packaged in an install routine that:
    1. Detects current installation of Vista and compares with upgrade path
    purchased. (e.g. Home Premium to Ultimate)
    2. Determines if current installation of Vista is activated.
    3. Inserts a new product key during the installation process.
    4. Selects the appropriate version to install during installation.

    This WAU "product" will work for either 32-bit or 64-bit, but cannot cross
    the boundary for you.
    If you want to go from 32-bit to 64-bit, you must first install the 64-bit
    version of Vista that you originally purchased and activate it. Then, use
    WAU to upgrade to the final product.

    "troutman" <> wrote in message
    > It seems that the Anytime Upgrade program is now only available by the
    > purchase of packaged software. Has anyone used the current Anytime Upgrade
    > process to upgrade a 64 bit version of Vista to another 64 bit version

    (i.e.

    Mark H, Apr 25, 2008