    btw I have dual core cpu E6750
    Is there any 64 bit antivirus software that does not have this problem?

    Thank you.

    spock, Oct 22, 2008

  2. It would be eminently more logical if you were to pose this
    question in the forums associated with the respective
    software - Avast and the specific game you are using. This
    is not what one would logically call a Windows operating
    system problem.

    Bobby Johnson, Oct 22, 2008

  3. spock

    Carlos Guest

    Spock,
    I cannot find that file neither in my Vista x64 PC nor in my 32-bit notebook.
    Both have avast 64-bit and 32-bit respectively.
    The closest match is "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe" in
    both machines.
    Will it be some spyware in disguise?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 22, 2008
  4. I run Avast and do not see any of this, any how, 25% off of your twin-core
    shouldn't have such severe punishment - could there be something, not quite
    right with your i-net connection or AV setup?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 22, 2008
  5. spock

    spock Guest

    My mistake the file should read ashserv.exe *32
    as for my av all default settings as is my internet connection which is 1.5mb

    spock, Oct 23, 2008