    Thank you in advance.
    --
    DebB - MCDST
    =?Utf-8?B?RGViQg==?=, Aug 17, 2005

  2. On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:34:02 +0100, DebB <>

    Mark Gillespie, Aug 17, 2005

  3. eTrust AV 7.1 is a 64-bit app (appears in the Programs Files folder rather
    than the Program Files (x86) folder) and works without problems. Several of
    the free AV programs work, but are 32-bit apps.

    Colin Barnhorst MVP, Aug 17, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGViQg==?=

    GPPower Guest

    Try searching the group with the keyword "antivirus". It will give you a
    lot of posts with comments from other users.

    GPPower, Aug 17, 2005
  5. Little beauty and it's free. Thanks heaps.
    --
    DebB - MCDST

    =?Utf-8?B?RGViQg==?=, Aug 17, 2005
  6. --
    DebB - MCDST

    =?Utf-8?B?RGViQg==?=, Aug 17, 2005
  7. I had already done that and tried searching all threads wtih both anti virus
    and antivirus. I was amazed to get nothing.....
    --
    DebB - MCDST

    =?Utf-8?B?RGViQg==?=, Aug 17, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RGViQg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Just a note. Many users have reported that their system hangs at shutdown
    with this installed. Some have changed to another anti-virus and at least 1
    just lives with a manual shutdown. If you have this problem after
    installing Avast be aware that it is the cause. Many users, including
    myself, have NO problems with it and it is free and seems to work fine.

    John Barnes, Aug 17, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?RGViQg==?=

    NNBXX Guest

    I am among the users who *do* have a shutdown problem with Avast. I prefer
    NOD32 2.5, even if it's no longer free, because it went final.

    NNBXX, Aug 17, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?RGViQg==?=

    DKI Guest

    DebB
    There are alot of freds that were posted on this topic.

    But to be clear there are some antivirus products out there that work on
    Windows XP X64.
    These antiviruses though are 32bit only but with a 64bit driver.

    The only 64bit antivirus so far is eTrust AV 7.1 as Colin Barnhorst said in
    an earlier post.

    DKI, Aug 17, 2005
  11. I am using Avast 4.6 on our two Acer Ferrari...
    so far so good

    =?Utf-8?B?ZW14Z2FyY2lh?=, Aug 17, 2005
  12. You triggered something - I have never been able to search in this group. I
    tried again with "antivirus" and no hits. I think that others have this
    problem to as the are repeated posts on e.g. DirectX for 64, antivirus,
    printer drivers, etc...

    Besides I am using Avast with no problem. Had a shutdown problem but that
    went away after BIOS update.

    =?Utf-8?B?amFubWFuX2Rr?=, Aug 17, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?RGViQg==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 17, 2005
  14. There are several, I belive ClamWin, Avast, Symantec and McAfee have all
    released 64 bit versions along with some others. Computer Associates also
    has a native x64 version of eTrust. There will be more along soon from
    Company's such as Trend Micro and PC Cillin.

    Here are some recommendations:
    Symantec
    http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/products/products.cfm?ProductID=155

    Note: The x64 client that ships with AV Corp10 and it will not update it's
    signatures from the parent server, it has to use Live Update which I won't
    work through proxyservers.
    Avast

    The free one from Avast:

    Update: ESET the company made famous for it's multi-award winning Anti-Virus
    software NOD32 has advised WinBeta.Org that the beta of it's 64Bit
    Anti-Virus product is now available for download.

    NOD32 has risen to prominence over the last 7 years given that according to
    Virus Bulletin it has not missed a single in-the-wild virus since its
    release.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 17, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?RGViQg==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 06:58:32 -0700, "Andre Da Costa" <>
    wrote:

    >>Update: ESET the company made famous for it's multi-award winning Anti-Virus

    >software NOD32 has advised WinBeta.Org that the beta of it's 64Bit
    >Anti-Virus product is now available for download.

    Andre, you should update this message. NOD32 is commercial now, and not
    available as free downloadable beta.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Aug 17, 2005
  16. =?Utf-8?B?RGViQg==?=

    Rick Guest

    Currently eTrust is a bit less expensive than NOD32:

    1 Year 2 Years 3 Years
    ------ ------- -------
    eTrust: $38.00 $50.16 $62.32
    http://store.ca.com/dr/sat2/ec_MAIN...169&xid=40705&DSP=0&CUR=840&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=0
    http://store.ca.com/dr/sat2/ec_MAIN.Master

    Renewal 3 Yr Total Cost
    ------- ---------------
    NOD32 $39.00 $27.00 $93.60
    http://www.nod32.com/purchase/purchase_usa.htm

    Rick, Aug 17, 2005
  17. I am sure that google works :)
    I normally use google for all my searches...

    But I was thinking about the search funktionality in MS's web interface for
    their Discussions groups

    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...eral&mid=2cd81fce-261a-4cd6-9f90-8b91df211304

    =?Utf-8?B?amFubWFuX2Rr?=, Aug 17, 2005
  18. =?Utf-8?B?RGViQg==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:22:02 -0700, janman_dk
    <> wrote:

    >I am sure that google works :)
    >I normally use google for all my searches...
    >
    >But I was thinking about the search funktionality in MS's web interface for
    >their Discussions groups

    OK :) Just was helping you with another way to get to the info :)
    Good luck in solving your problems

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Aug 17, 2005
  19. =?Utf-8?B?RGViQg==?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    I also have the shutdown issue (but only on one machine) I'm using eTrust
    7.1 there, and it's just fine, even if it does cost $29.

    M. Murcek, Aug 17, 2005
  20. Sorry, :-D

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 17, 2005